cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Correct CME File for 2621XM

ccentbound
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone kindly tell me the correct FULL CME file that I need to install on a 2621XM router?

Thank you very kindly in advance for your help and time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They are the same for all router and change by version.

However, they are not even needed for CME to to work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They are the same for all router and change by version.

However, they are not even needed for CME to to work.

Thank you for your response.

I would like to install the full CME Flash for the 2621XM Router.  Usually there are several types (FULL, BASIC, GUI).  I don't know which one is the full.

When I do a show flash, I only have 49M total space to install the new image and a show version reveals that the 2621XM has only 32K of NVRAM.

I would like a full CME that can accommodate the limitations of this 2621XM router.

I am a novice at this so I hope I articulated what I'm looking for correctly. 

Thank you, and whatever help I can get in this will be appreciated greatly.

You should start reading documentation and/or previous posts.

CME is in IOS, external files are accessories only.

ccentbound
Level 1
Level 1

The file is cme-full-4.0.0.1.tar.

It is 27.611Mb so it will fit just  fine on the 2621XM router.  Ram will not be an issue.

This is a "DOT TAR" file, which means you will be able to use the archive command to extract the data.

This image is composed of several files and if you use the copy tftp command, it will take forever as each individual file will have to be extracted one at a time, so the archive file is the command needed.

You will then have access to MOH (Music on Hold), GUI files, the basic files, and all that you are looking for in a FULL version CME (Call Manager Express) IOS.

I hope this helps any beginning VOICE people looking into this wonderful exciting new world of technology.

Edward Laudat wrote:

The file is cme-full-4.0.0.1.tar.

How you can say what is the "right" CME fileset without knowing the IOS running? Never mentioned by OP.