cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help. Extensions from one CME can't forward to Unity of another CME

nanosynth
Level 1
Level 1

In my lab setup have two seperate 1760 CME 4.1 routers serially WAN'd to a 2620XM router using RIP, that has the Unity Express NM-CUE 3.1.1 module in it. The 2620 is just doing the voicemail and routing between the two CME's, no call processing. One CME has two 7912 phones with extension numbers 1001 and 1002 and the other CME has two 7912 phones with extension numbers 2001 and 2002. Both CME's have the number 3000 pointing to the Unity module in the 2620XM. I can call between the two 1760's just fine and I can access the Untiy from each 1760 just fine. The problem is when I call from one CME, like extension 1001 to the other CME, like extension 2001, the phone rings fine, but after the timeout of call forward no answer, I get a fast busy. Why won't the call that originates from the first CME extension 1001 to the second CME, extension 2001 call forward to the Unity after the timeout when I have it setup to call forward no answer to 3000?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you have call forward pattern defined on telephony-service? e.g call forward pattern .T

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ted,

This could be a codec mismatch issue. What codec are u using on the call to and from both cme? NB that unity express support only g711ulaw. Also have you configured

voice service voip

allow connections h323-sip?

Can you send a debug voip ccapi inout from the router with

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

I am definitly using g711ulaw all the way around. I do have allow connections h323-sip and sip-h323 in both CME's. Is there someting that needs to be done maybe with digit stripping or number manipulation when calling from an extension on CME-A  (Ext 1001) to an extension on CME-B (Ext 2001), so that when CME-B's phone rings out to call forward no answer to UNITY, Unity knows it's a call from CME-B Extension 2001? It's only extension calls from CME-A to CME-B and vice-versa that don't call forwad to Unity and get a fast busy. If I call from CME-A extension 1001 to CME-A extension 1002, it goes to Unity just fine and the same from CME-B Extension 2001 to CME-B ext-2002, but not between the two CME's.

Do you have call forward pattern defined on telephony-service? e.g call forward pattern .T

Hi Ted/Deji,

Just thought I should throw this into the mix. I believe this restriction applies to all versions

prior to CUE 3.2;

Here is the pre - 3.2 info;

Cisco  Unity Express must be installed on each Cisco CME host router. Cisco  Unity Express cannot provide voice-mail services across Cisco CME  routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/integration/unity_exp/configuration/guide/cue_cme1.html

Here is the new info;

Q. What are the new features introduced with Cisco Unity Express 3.2?

A. Cisco Unity Express 3.2 introduces the following enhancements:

Integration  with multiple Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express sites: Cisco  Unity Express (on NME-CUE only) can integrate with up to 10 Cisco  Unified Communications Manager Express remote sites. This solution  allows centralized voicemail and Automated-Attendant features for up to  10 sites when voicemail at each remote site branch is not essential and  there is a small number of users at each site.

Cisco Unity Express Release Notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/prod_release_notes_list.html

There are some good steps here

http://uc500.com/en/how-connect-unity-express-multiple-cme-installs

Cheers!

Rob

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thank you for your answers. I finally got it to work, and it does work, somehow, with Unity version 3.1  All that was required was that "call-forward pattern .T" command in each CME's telephony-service config.

Now if I can only get my music on hold to stream from CME-A to CME-B when extension 1001 from CME-A puts extension 2001 from CME-B on hold. Maybe I'm asking too much this time...

Ted,

Glad that solved it, but you forgot to rate the post! We love ratings here, it encourages us and it help others know the answer to similar questions.

On the MOH, try and add the phone vlans on the other cme in your multicast ip route command e.g

multicast moh 239.10.16.4  port 16384 route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y, where x.x.x.x is your local cme ip source address phone vlan and y.y.y.y is the remote cme phone vlan ips.

Sorry about not rating the post Aokanlawon. I'm very new here and didn't know about rating posts. I think I did it correct now. I will try defining my routes in my existing multicast statement for MOH and see what happens. Thanks so much..

For some reason that didn't work for streaming MOH across the WAN, but I found this that did. had to apply it in both CME's, and each CME has it's own MOH file with a different song, and they stream across the WAN perfectly. Had to apply multiple codecs to my voip dial peer for it to work. My multicast statement in telephony-service is:

multicast moh 239.23.4.10 port 2000

Then I added this for the stream to work across the WAN between the two CME's, so that the extension phones could hear music when on hold from the other CME.

voice class codec 99

codec preference 1 G711ulaw

codec preference 2 G729br8

codec preference 3 G729r8

Then added this to each viop dial-peer that has an extension assigned to it:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

voice-class codec 99

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: