Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help getting LDAP integration with CUCM

I'm trying to setup an LDAP integration with CUCM 7.0.1 in a lab environment.  Can I make the Exchange [2003] server the LDAP server as well?  If so, how is that done?  Or, do I need to build a separate LDAP server?  If so, how is that done? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK

So OU=Users should be CN=Users

It's a built-in 'Container' rather than an OU.

I wouldn't normally put extra spaces in but don't think that matters (after commas etc).

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For a lab environment that works just fine, I have one server working as AD/DC/Exchange for the 10-20 users I have.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks.  I'm having trouble with the integration.  Is there something on the Exchange side I have to configure?

No, just configure the ldap system under CUCM, there's no difference in having Exchange in the server or not from a config point of view.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Perhaps describe the actual problem you are experiencing so we can offer further assistance.

Aaron Harrison

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I'm getting a "login failure to host ldap://192.168.1.63:389  Please reenter LDAP Manager Distingished Name and Password."

I"m using the full canonical name, double checked the password, but keep getting it.

OK

Can you screen grab the 'object' tab of the user and the expanded tree in AD Users & Computers that shows where the user is placed in AD?

And post up what CN you are entering.

Aaron

OK

So OU=Users should be CN=Users

It's a built-in 'Container' rather than an OU.

I wouldn't normally put extra spaces in but don't think that matters (after commas etc).

Regards

Aaron Harrison

You Rock!!  That was it.  I also had to change the ou to cn for the User Search Base.  The database was added successfully and is synching right now.  Thanks for your help. Thanks to everyone here.

Good stuff... Please remember to rate helpful posts and mark answered if appropriate.

Aaron Harrison

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: