cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help in creating Dial Peers to newly added ISDN/PRI

ch3ng0207
Level 1
Level 1

Currently have 2 ISDN/PRI trunks connected to a 2811 voice gateway. I just added 1-ISDN/PRI line to the voice gateway coming from a different service provider. PRI interface is up and running. Service provider for the new lines provided me 5 phone numbers. My question is how will I add those new numbers to dial peers? I will be using those 5 numbers for outgoing and incoming calls. Please help.

6 Replies 6

Can you explain more what you are looking for? You can configure dialpeers for outgoing calls to exit from the new PRI normally. Are you referring to mapping calling numbers to specific PRIs. 

I wanted to configure outgoing calls to the new PRI. 

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For incoming you can assign these numbers to whatever you want in CUCM (assuming you have CUCM) and build similar "voip" dial-peer you have for existing DIDs to point to CUCM.

For outbound if you want to use this PRI for all calls i.e. second preference after the first PRI you can create trunk-group and assign the first PRI with lower preference and then new PRI with higher preference i.e. 0 and 1.

Hi Chris,

we do have CUCM. I am only referencing to the current config in configuring the new PRI addition. I will take a look at the CUCM. 

Thank you so much for responding back.

Post "show run" from your config and let us know which port is used for old vs. new PRI.

Please see attachment. I haven't created any dial-peers yet for the new one. The only part configured is the network side of the PRI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: