Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on cisco 8941 VPN

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

How to find the VPN option on Cisco 8941 phone. I have CUCM 8.6 which says, 8941 is VPN feature is available. please help me.

thanks

Esa           

7 Replies 7

Hi Manish,

Thank you for the info. I have this info. But In the phone 8941, i am not able to see the VPN option. How to configure on the phone. do you have idea.

thanks

esa

Hello Esa,

Wha is the exact version of your CUCM and you having Phone load?

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Do you have the correct common phone profile set on the phone that contains the VPN gateway and VPN profile?  Having that configured on the phone will put the VPN information into the phone's TFTP configuration file so that the VPN button displays on the phone.  If you have the common phone profile set already, make sure the phone is accepting its configuration file by looking into the status messages for any error messages.

Hi Joseph.

We are going to configure the VPN gateway and VPN profile next week. I thought , the cisco 8941 phone must have some VPN button enable.

You mean to say, once the VPN gateway and VPN profile is configured and assigned to common profile, i want to know whether this info is wirtten in to the TFTP config file?

The phone will not display the VPN button until the VPN gateway and profile are configured in CUCM and then set on a  common phone profile, and then the common phone profile set on the phone itself.  The phone then has to be reset so the phone downloads its TFTP configuration file with these new settings.  Once all of this has happened the phone will then display the VPN button.

Yes the VPN information is written into the TFTP configuration file.

Hi Nadeem

Thank you for the reply. the cucm is 8.6 and phone load is

SCCP8941_8945.9-3-4-17

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: