Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on cisco CUCM license issue

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I am using 9.0 version CUCM . This machine i have cloned from some other CUCM .So after logging into to CUCM web admin i am getting an error like The system is operating with an insufficient number of licenses. Configure  additional licenses in your Enterprise License Manager in order to restore the  ability to provision users and devices. So i tried to login to ELM Manager for applying license .But ELM is giving an error like invalid username and password. I am using the same username and password which i used to login into cucm web admin .

So can some one please help on this issue.

Thanks,

Sasikumar.

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this,

Unknown username and password for  Enterprise License Manager login

Description

I  do not know the username and password of the system when it was  originally installed, so I cannot log into Enterprise License Manager.

Resolution

Log into the platform CLI with the OS administration credentials and use the license management list users command to view the username to use for signing into the Enterprise  License Manager application. If you are not sure what the password is  for this username, you can use the license  management change user password command to change this password.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/elmuserguide/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_E596FD72_00_enterprise-license-manager-user-90_chapter_0101.html#CUCM_RF_I970430F_00

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish ,

Thanks for your reply . I have tried to execute that command but it is not returning any users list. Please find the attached image

CUCM_License_Issue2.png

But i have checked in working CUCM there it is returning users list. So is there any way we can add license management users .

Thanks,

Sasikumar.

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sasi,

As per our chat as the system experienced an unclean shutdown recently, please run the recovery iso and let us know how it goes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080c1ea2a.shtml

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Recovery disk didn't help ,still same issue. so i am going to rebuild the server. Can you please tell me the prerequisites for restoring dbbackup. Because as i know for restroing CUCM Dbbackup the host name and version should be same . So is there any other conditions like that. Based on those conditions i will rebuild the server.

Thanks,

Sasikumar.

Please ensure that the DRS back and restore are done on similar cucm versions. Keep the IP address, hostname, admin username and password, security password as same.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: