Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on PLAR Configuration with CUCM 9.X along with VG 224 running on MGCP

dipars1953om
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I have a CUCM ver : 9.1.2.10000-28 and a VG 224.

I have configured the PLAR in below fashion :

Step 1 : Created a Partition named "PT_Hotdial_13302"

Step 2 : Created a CSS named "CSS_Hotdial_13302" Where I have selected only the "PT_Hotdial_13302" partition.

Step 3 : Created one Translation Pattern with "Null" pattern. Given the partition as "PT_Hotdial_13302" Given the CSS as CSS_LD ( where it has the partition of the Called Number ). Under Called Party Transform Mask I have given 13302 ( the desired extension to ring ).

Step 4: Then went to the specific VG 224 gateway then choose the appropriate FXS port where the analog bat phone is connected. There under the FXS configuration choose the CSS as "CSS_Hotdial_13302". No DN has been assigned with this port currently. ( But also tested with assigning a dumb DN as well )

As the VG 224 is configured as MGCP gateway so no extra configuration has been made on the VG 224.

Now when we tested the PLAR functionality, it rings the desired extension 13302 but it takes 15 to 20 seconds of time to ring the device. It does not dial the number as soon as they pick the receiver.

Could you please let me know did I miss anything ?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you are hitting T.302 timer somewhere. See if you can collect 'debug mgcp packet' on the VG224.

Hello Evgeny,

Please find the attached debug and sh run from the VG 224.

Where,

10.80.2.121 ->> Call Manager
AALN/S2/0@vgasus10.customer.local ->> The port where the phone is connected from where we are testing.
10.1.9.55 ->> The IP Phone IP Address of the Extension 13302. This is the phone should ring.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Ark

Please help !

Try changing CSS_LD on the translation pattern to a CSS that can only see the partition of the target phone. You could even put the 13302 in its own partition for testing purposes.

Hello Evgeny,

I have tried this but no luck ! :(

I have changed the VG 224 protocol from MGCP to SCCP and configured the PLAR on the VG instead of CUCM and it worked fine without delay.