cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help setting up and configuring Cisco 7915 expansion module.

rdunlap84
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so I have CUCM 7.1 and I am trying to setup and configure two 7915 expansion modules to the secretary 7962G phone. What we want to accomplish is being able to put names connected to extensions on the expansion modules so the secretary can see who's on the phone at the time of calls, so it's more of a monitoring purpose than anything.

I plugged the modules into the phone and it seems to recognize both of them. In the expansion module section of the device -> phone I have selected the module and named the load names Module1 and Module2.

Now the problem is there is nothing on the side that lets me click on the modules to edit what names and extensions will be on displayed on the modules. How do I get this to show up and start editing it, and how do I set each line to monitor so she can see who is on the phone or not.

Thank you.       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

Here are the basic steps

Once the 7915 module has been added to the phone physically then you have to add

it via CUCMadmin. On the 7962 phone config page under expansion module add the 7915.

Then have a look at the Phone Button Template for the 7915. If you find the default Button Template

you can Copy it/rename it (something like 7962 with 7915) and reconfigure it with the appropriate Line Buttons.

In many cases the default Phone Button Template is configured for all Speed Dial buttons so this

needs to be tweaked to allow you to configure the additional lines that you require.

Once this has been done go back to the phone/device in question and apply this new

Phone Button Template> Update> and you will see all the Line keys available to add the required DN's

Cheers!

Rob

"Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste
Time waits for no one, no favors has he" 

- Stones

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

Here are the basic steps

Once the 7915 module has been added to the phone physically then you have to add

it via CUCMadmin. On the 7962 phone config page under expansion module add the 7915.

Then have a look at the Phone Button Template for the 7915. If you find the default Button Template

you can Copy it/rename it (something like 7962 with 7915) and reconfigure it with the appropriate Line Buttons.

In many cases the default Phone Button Template is configured for all Speed Dial buttons so this

needs to be tweaked to allow you to configure the additional lines that you require.

Once this has been done go back to the phone/device in question and apply this new

Phone Button Template> Update> and you will see all the Line keys available to add the required DN's

Cheers!

Rob

- Stones

I have followed these steps and still do not see the modules on the right hand side. How do I distinguish whether the slots are for the modules or the actual phone? Also, I can't find a default phone template for the 7915.

+5 to Rob for correct answer, and to answer your follow up questions:

You will distinguish it because it will say something like lines on module and will be under the separation line.

You do not create 7915 template, you find one for 7962, copy it and add as many lines or BLFs as you want.

HTH,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the nice words and for clarifying the the answer

with a more accurate description. +5 all day long buddy!

And thank you for the nice VIP nod as well, it made my day!

Cheers!

Rob

- Stones