cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help witch ISDN 30 from O2 in Czech

jehrhardt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a 2921 with an ISDN 30 from O2.

The Gateway is configured as H323 and if i do an sh ISDN STATUS i see Layer 1 is Active and Layer 2 is MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED.

With a DEB ISDN Q931 i dont see anything if do a Call from Outside to the Gateway.

If i try to make a call from inside (Cisco Phone) to outside (external number) i got the errormessage "no circuit / channel available"

So is there anything different to other Europien Countries? The same Config is working on diffent other gateway in Europ.

Greetings

Joerg

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no config difference. If it is a new circuit, your telco may have not allowed outgoing calls yet, so check with them.

O2 has checked this and says everything is working.

Normaly if Layer 1 is Active and Layer 2 is MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED Everthing should work, but in this case nothing is working.

O2 means the Cisco Router is making a Loop.

Joerg

No, if router was making a loop, you would see that in "debug isdn q931" when calling your number from outside. But you see nothing, that means telcofails to send the call to you.

Telco has just forgot to configure something and is refusing to admit error, as their habit is.

Challenge them to come onsite and receive or make calls using they test equipment, and you will see who is right.

o.k. i will try to connect O2 for an Onside date.

Thanks for your help.

Joerg

Hi

i just read your post and i think you meant you cant make calls from inside to outside. if that is the case i think you may be using a fractional E1

in other words only using 20 channels and not all 30. If this is the case you need to change the order your call goes out from top down to bottom up or try it the other way around if that doesnt work. here is a config from a working circuit i have in CZ , note the " isdn bchan-number-order ascending command", i had to put this in before my calls worked.

interface Serial0/0/0:15
description ISDN Circuit ref:  
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-net5
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager
isdn bchan-number-order ascending
no cdp enable

regards

Colin

Hi,

i can't do any calls, not from inside and also not to inside.

I have the same config like yours and i tryed th change the orde from the b-Channels too, but that change nothing.

To only thing in conig that is different to your config is, i can't configure

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

ccm-manager is not avalibe, i can oly configure isdn bind-l3 q931

Joerg

Colin,

the OP is using H.323, not MGCP, as stated in the opening post. Consequenly, MGCP commands are not applicable.

In any case, the number of configured channels is irrelevant, if the calls were coming in, he would see them in debug no matter what.

The problem is with telco, not router.

Hi, after a few of mails with O2 and a lot of test O2 find a "litle problem with some hardware"

So now its working fine.

Thanks all for your help.

Joerg

It's always like that with telcos.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!