cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need to dial 5 extensions at the same time in case of emergency

Randy Watson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, our company uses Communications Manager 8.6.2 and has a requirement which I haven't been able to fill using normal methods.

We need to call 5 mobile numbers at the same time when an emergency exists at our location.  Only one of the 5 called numbers has to respond to the call for help in our 3 km long, 2 kilometer wide company site.

Thought 1 line number with remote destinations would work but this doesn't seem to handle multiple mobile numbers well. Strangely, it doesn't ring all lines at the same time. It will ring max 2 mobile phones at the same time in our test. There were enough free lines on the PMX to dial out to all phones during the test period.

Doesn anyone have this situation and how did you handle it?

Thanks,

Randy

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you please tell us more. What I kind of don't understand is what should happen when any (or all) of these 5 phones answer. Are they supposed to be connected to five different local endpoints? Or is it implied that no matter how many phones are rung, it will always be only one, just one answering the call?

Also, do you have UCCX, perhaps, installed? I am thinking of writing a simple UCCX script.

G.

Hi,  Thanks for the quick responce,  unfortunately we dont have contact center installed. Actually we would like one DN number for these 5 people, because these people are continually moving around their respective areas, there is no physical local endpoint.

When the number is dialed it should ring out to the 5 mobile numbers, when one answers the others should stop ringing.

We could in theory install the uccx solution but this will cost some time to get up and running and at present we do not have any additional need for uccx.

Randy

Hi,

no, I am sorry, I am not able to come up with an acceptable solution. I was trying to fiddle around with Mobility as well, but that just does not feel right.

Tcl might be a way but it would require significant time to set up anything at all.

Sorry.

G.

We have managed to get  the remote destination with 5 taget telephones working, the only problem which still exists is at hangup,  strangely it goes/switches on the calling phone to  "call on-hold".

I think we will figure it out,  maybe a simple setting on the mobility settings for the remote destinations.

Thanks for your input

Randy