cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to forward a FAX number

dianearsenault
Level 1
Level 1

Our FAX goes through a CISCO ATA 186/188 series analog telephone adapter.  This device appears to be broken.  We can dial out from our FAX machine but the call hits the adapter and doesn't go anywhere.  

I thought I would forward the incoming FAX calls to another FAX number in the building.  

This didn't seem to be working.  When I try to send a FAX to the original (now dysfunctional) FAX number a busy signal is returned.  The forwarding isn't working.

Thoughts?

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
How are you doing a forwarding ? You can have the fax machine moved to another gateway which has an FXS port and route the calls to it.

I am forwarding the DN  in CCM to a different FAX number the same way that you forward an ip phone.  I don't have another adapter that I could configure if that is what you are saying.  Wondering if my method is something that is doable.  I am hoping so but it doesn't seem like it is.

It should be. It is all about connecting the calls first as a voice call. Post that the fax switchover happens. If you make a voice call to the same number forwarded to another fax machine, do you get a fax tone ? Can you test that for me please ?

I get a busy signal when I dial the number.

Yup. So if your voice calls don't work, fax calls will not work either. You need to check why is the call routing failing. Check the CF CSS/Partition etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: