cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need to have an ext ring to 2 phones

SHPDCisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 extensions and if the user is on the phone we need it to ring to the other extension. How do I do this in CUCM

When people call an ext it also rings on another ext,  wants the ability to answer the phone when he is busy or on the phone already.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@SHPDCisco wrote:

I have 2 extensions and if the user is on the phone we need it to ring to the other extension. How do I do this in CUCM

Ring Group 

@SHPDCisco wrote:

When people call an ext it also rings on another ext,  wants the ability to answer the phone when he is busy or on the phone already.

Call Pick-Up Group

How do I do  that correctly? 

Greetings and thanks for communicating with the Cisco community, this is very simple, you only have to activate the Call Routing option in the CUCM
Call Pickup Group you create the call Pickup group
You put the information you want, then you enter the phone and add the capture group, then I send you the images.

Remember to rate this answer as this motivates you to continue helping in the community

Call Routing.PNGcall pickup.PNGGroup.PNGTelefono.PNG

Hope you are using different extension on both the phones. If you  set forward Busy condition  other extension, the call will be transferred to other extension when busy.

As @Leo Laohoo mentioned, using pickup you can answer the call from other extension. also  you can set both visual and audio alert on pickup. if your requirement is to ring both extension use a Hunt group.

Response Signature

SO the phone already has the extension associated with her device but she says it doesn't ring. How do i make it ring when calls come in? 

Thank you for all your help.

It is necessary that the capture group activate the Sonora alert option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: