cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to replace our Cisco Attendant Console

HillyardK
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone replaced the Cisco Attendant Console with a queuing hunt group?

We are moving our CUCM from our current provider to Cisco and we were told that the current CAC was going to have a lot of lagging because it is on our site. 

Right now our CAC is installed on an on-site server and we need to reboot is quite often whenever someone sneezes.

We are trying to replace it with a queuing hunt group, but having issues selling the group on it.  One thing is they like how they could see the queue status (they would like the queue status on the phone all the time instead of a PLK) and could, apparently, dump the queue all of callers. 

Plus the only way I could figure out the queue group, was to check the automatically log out of hunt group if that person doesn't answer.  Not sure if I set it up correctly, but if it is true  - then there is no way to make this work at home, except if I set them up with Collab Edge phones at home, and they don't like that as the phones will ring and could disturb their family.  None of the softphones have a hunt group log in/out option

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I presume you’re moving to Webex Calling Dedicated Instance (WxC-DI). First, there is an IaaS option to host other customer-managed VMs alongside CUCM in Cisco’s DC. CUAC Advanced could be run there, if users insist on keeping it. Secondly, CUAC Advanced supports 80ms RTT to CUCM. If the link is stable and reliably under that RTT, you would be fine to host it on-prem.

As for Native Call Queuing, a PLK is the only option for Queue Status I’m afraid. Jabber does support HLog though if you toggle the EnableHuntGroup parameter on. I believe the Webex app respects that same parameter. Neither softphone shows Queue Stats though.

PS- You should ask your partner or Cisco Collab TSA for a demo of the Webex Calling Multi-Tenant (WxC-MT) Group Call Management. It’s shaping up to be better than CUCM NCQ.

Imagicle is also supported with WxC-DI and WxC-MT for attendant console purposes.

HillyardK
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your suggestion of the Webex Group Call Management.  This is exactly what we were looking for.  Now we are waiting to hear back from our provider to see if it is in their offering

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: