Views
Helpful
Replies

New 7942G phones not getting registered

kumar-brajesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When we are configuring new 7942G phone it is not registering.When connecting phone to network port it able to get into the “Upgrading” page, BUT somewhere it prompted “Upgraded Error”. Factory reset of phone also does not work and even putting phone in different working network port also does not help.

Old 7942 phones working on these same network port without any issue.We are using cucm 7.1.3.32900-4.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Brajesh.

4 Replies 4

vinojesh1994
Level 1
Level 1

Can u make sure if the phone was trying to contact TFTP server while phone boot up being processed. Did u notice that the message "Contatcting TFTP"?

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I would suggest you be sure the phone is aquiring it's TFTP services, if this continues, advise you to follow the cisco replacement procedure for the phone.

It would be a defect phone and no longer functionning.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brajesh,

I think the "key" word here may be "new"

It's quite possible and I've seen it here before that these new 7942's

are running the very latest Firmware 9.x.x and your Device defaults

may be set at something much older. If your firmware is something like

8.3.3 for example these new phones will not be able to downgrade to that version.

Carefully watch one of the new 7942's as they boot up, for some significant

clues here. It's almost certain that with a little work we'll be able to get them

working just fine.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob.

I checked the device dafault for 7942 SCCP phone load info which is SCCP42.8-5-3S.The phone is at remote site so not able to check the exact boot up process.

Assuming we have TFTP conntectivity issue where new phone is not able to get their SEP.xml file from TFTP first time and not getting registered and where the existing phone getting registered with NVRAM config of phone.If this is the case any device level change will not get reflected as device will not able to fetch new config from TFTP.

We seems to have TFTP connectivity issue and we are looking into this.

Regards,

Brajesh.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: