Helpful
Replies

New DID's Numbers change on E1 ISDN lines

Syed Akbar Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Dear support,

As I have Two ISDN E1's lines one on each voice Gateway CISCO3925 and CUCM 7.x

From Telco current  DID numbers example :24634 XXX  now the Client want to change to new DID i.e   27868 XXX

Phase I : only incoming with new DID Number . Outgoing must be go with old DID number only .

Phase II : Inbound / out bound call  must be use with new DID only.

So please advice what would be the action plan configuration need to done  on voice gateway and Call manger .

With Regards

Syed

2 Replies 2

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Phase I : only incoming with new DID Number  - Its depend upon Telco call routing , if they have enable new DID routing on your E1's then Inbound call will work if any one dials the new DID number Outgoing must be go with old DID number only .-  Use Translation rule/profile in Voice gateway and convert all the outgoing calls caller id to old DID number.

Phase II : Inbound / out bound call  must be use with new DID only. - Again Inbound is depend upon your Telco and for outbound change the translation rule and replace old DID with new DID.

Thanks

Manish

Jason Treloar
Level 1
Level 1

The basics would be to create a new dial peer for the new number block.

If you are still using the same provider there will not be much that needs to change as long as the extension (subscriber) block remains consistent with the new number range.

ie your dial peers might look like:

dial-peer voice 100 voip
destination-pattern 334455.... !old example pattern
session target ipv4:10.1.1.1

dial-peer voice 200 voip
destination-pattern 445566.... !new example pattern
session target ipv4:10.1.1.1

obviously this is rather simplified and I am not aware of your current configuration, but the idea is that you can feasibly run both dial-peers and as the calls come in you can process them accordingly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: