Views
Helpful
Replies

New Install of Call Manager 11.5

galaga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have completed a new install of Call Manager 11.5.

I can log into the CM administration page, but not the disaster recovery page.

Where do you set the DSR account log in ?

At the end of the install, in Linux, what is the CM login ?

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You use the OS credentials that you configured during the install.

During the install you define both, the application username/pwd, and the platform username/pwd.

DRS, OS admin, SSH and console use the platform credentials. CUCMadmin, reporting, serviceability use the application credentials.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The login for the disaster recovery page is the OS admin login. So the login you would use for the CLI or the OS GUI should log you into DRF.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its the same password for OS administration.

If not working you can try after restarting the servers

Below are the links for recovering the password for OS admin

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/60721/cucm-operating-system-administrator-password-recovery

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/8_6_1/cucos/osg_861_cm/iptpch2.html

HTH

Rath!

Another question, how would I test a restore in a live environment, with an existing live Call Manager ? I set up a new Call Manager server, but when I do the restore, if the test restore server has to have the same IP, hostname and DNS of the live server how is that going to work ?   The IP's will confict. 

Sorry if I am missing something obvious

You build an isolated network for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Would you isolate on the vm side with a vswitch ?

I am not seeing how I would do this on my business network ? The test server and main call manager are on the same vlan and subnet.

Thanks for your help.

hi

Just build same network with all the prod VLAN and other details in an standalone switch in a lab. Connect all your VMs to that. Spin up the UC Apps matching with prod and restore. For Phone testing. configure some access ports on the same switch.

HTH

Rath!

Can seem to get past the NTP setting since there is no Internet

If I join the main network to get Internet, I will conflict with the existing call manager ?

If you are on a isolated network, you can declare the local router to be an NTP master, and have CUCM talk to that.

ntp master

ntp stratum 2

clock set <date and time>

Note that CUCM requires the NTP source to be a minimum of Stratum 3 when configuring a second server. It will install a Pub with pretty much any stratum, but as soon as you add a Sub or IMP it wants stratum 3.

If you have a Windows server in your isolated network, you can set that to be the NTP master with a few registry hacks and reconfiguring w32time so it will send NTPv4 responses. I've done it in a lab and it was a pain, but I did get it to work. Setting time on a router is much easier.

This worked with Internet ?

would a 3800 router work ?

galaga,

Yes, the NTP commands will work with a 3800 series router. And, yes, if the router is already getting NTP from an internet source you can have the 3800 series router be the reference that CUCM uses. Providing, again, the CUCM is stratum 3 (which would make the 3800 a stratum 2).

Maren

What if I have no internet ?

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You can have the router be a NTP master and provide the clocking through itself.
Ensure the time, timezone etc is correct and add the command "ntp master 3" global command. This would make the router sync to itself at "127.127.1.1" at stratum 2.

If you have no internet, then use the commands I posted earlier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: