cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

new mgcp router wont register on cucm 12

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

im having a big issue with my new 4451-x not registering on the cucm , it is stuck on registering ? under cucm i added as 4451 mgcp gateway , is 4451 different than 4451-x and that is why it is not getting added?

i already did

ccm-manager config
ccm-manager config server
ccm-manager mgcp
mgcp call-agent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is for a PRI, is the PRI cable already plugged into the port and is the PRI alive?

If not, the port will never show as registered in CUCM,

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jinto Alakkal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

run a "show ccm-manager" command on your MGCP gateway and check this field in the output "MGCP Domain Name": 

This name should match with the hostname on your CUCM, also do you have any firewall/Access lists in between CUCM and the gateway if so, check whtether the required ports are open ?

Thanks!

Jinto.

Actually i fixed It i just needed to configure one port on it to let it register

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is for a PRI, is the PRI cable already plugged into the port and is the PRI alive?

If not, the port will never show as registered in CUCM,

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

so you mean on a mgcp gateway card , the mgcp E1 port will never register if it isnt connected? because all the FXO are registering and they arent connected
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: