Views
Helpful
Replies

New RU CUCM 10.5 on ucs c210m2

aliaradi1969
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts.

I wiuld like to upgrade the firmware of ucs210 servers. which has been recently uograded to cucm 10.5. would the new cimc and bios upgrade effect the cucm configuration?.

Regard

Ali

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

CIMC and BIOS should be upgraded to the latest version - check the release notes to see if there are any interim versions you should go to, this is required occasionally.

Best way is to get the 'host update' CD for your server and use that, it will update both BIOS, CIMC and all other components on your system to versions that should be mutually compatible.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

As I say - use the host update CD, and it will decide what needs to be upgraded. There is no minimum requirement for BIOS/CIMC for the new CUCM version, it doesn't care - it's just a case of best practice being that your hardware is updated to the latest.

Regards

Aaron

Please remember to rate useful replies, and mark questions 'answered' when appropriate. 

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

CIMC and BIOS should be upgraded to the latest version - check the release notes to see if there are any interim versions you should go to, this is required occasionally.

Best way is to get the 'host update' CD for your server and use that, it will update both BIOS, CIMC and all other components on your system to versions that should be mutually compatible.

Aaron

Thanx Aaron.

how to decide weather both requires upgrade (cimc & bios) or only cimc. Do u have any supporting ref. What if I suspend this till Cluster is fully upgraded to cucm 10.5. Then carry out firmwarw upgrade. Would this be possible.?

As I say - use the host update CD, and it will decide what needs to be upgraded. There is no minimum requirement for BIOS/CIMC for the new CUCM version, it doesn't care - it's just a case of best practice being that your hardware is updated to the latest.

Regards

Aaron

Please remember to rate useful replies, and mark questions 'answered' when appropriate. 

Dear Aaron.

really gratefull to your kind answers. In fact my client hasn't got the host update CD. Thats why I troubled u with my qustions. Once again thanks alot.

Hi

That's OK - you would not 'have' the CD, you would get the latest one from www.cisco.com/go/software (search for your model e.g. c210 m2) 

It's updated very frequently, so you would never have the latest if Cisco gave you a physical one, it would be out of date immediately.

Aaron

Thanx Aaron,

I got the following ref from cisco to upgrade the firmware. They also recommend upgrading bios for any cimc upgrade. 

What do u think of it.

Hi

As I said before - upgrade everything!

Pick 'all of the above' on the menu when you have booted the host update CD and go make some coffee...

Aaron

Dear Aaron,

There is one challenging task I am facing. I hope you give ur kind advice. How to handle compatibility issues for the cucm attendant console, uccx,IM and Presence   and CER. I am also worried about  existing cisco ip phone compatibility with the attendant console. 

Hi

You'll need to google each product's 'compatibility' guides to ensure you end up on consistent versions. 

It sounds like you should be worried, and should probably engage a consultant to design and plan your upgrade rather than do it yourself..

Aaron

aliaradi1969
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert.

now that a I upgraded cucm to ver 10.5. cimc upgade however has been posponded to the last stage. My question would the new cimc and bois upgrade impact the cucm installed version 10.5.?.

RegardAli