Views
Helpful
Replies

New SIP Trunk - CUBE doesn't respond on 183 - call not successful

jayage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am currently trying to set up a SIP trunk with T-Mobile in Czech Republic but outbound calls are not working.

At given time all numbers of the traditional PBX will be ported to the SIP trunk but ITSP said that we can already make outgoing calls for testing. They said that they mapped one number which is currently unknown to us. When we try to make an outbound call I can see our INVITE (with sdp) to ITSP, a 100 TRYING comes back, followed by 183 with sdp. Then RTP stream from ITSP to our CUBE starts. Then, a second later - I assume here is the problem - our CUBE sends an INVITE again followed by a 183. This repeats sometimes while RTP is still streamed but call is never established.. After almost 20 seconds we get a few 504 server timeouts.

The 183 contains require 100rel. I tried to set 100rel required on voice service voip under sip and at dial-peer, didn't help at all.

On SIP Profile of trunk between CUCM and CUBE SIP Rel1xx Options is set to Send PRACK if 1xx contains sdp and early offer support is set to best effort.

CUBE runs on a 4331 with 16.6.6 (first we tested 16.6.5 - same issue).

Topology looks like: Phone > CUCM > SIP Trunk > CUBE > ITSP SBC

I attached a zipped packet capture of the WAN interface pointing to ITSP.

I could post partially the config if needed.

Any idea what I could try next?

Thank you!

11 Replies 11

Hi,

Yes please post the config and the output of a debug ccsip messages while trying an outgoing call.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Please find attached debug and config outputs.

Thanks

Hi,

Because on his side, the provider is requesting to send prack , please add these lines to your sip config

Voice service voip

sip

rel1xx supported 100rel

After you added  that, please send again a debug ccsip output.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

I tried this before as I wrote earlier, unfortunately no change. No PRACK was sent. Btw. it doesn't even show this command after execution when I execute show run. I assume it is already set by default.

Thanks

Hi,

Can you please add early-offer forced under voice service voip --> SIP and send again a debug ccsip messages while calling out?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

I set this command earlier but removed it as nothing changed. Anyway, it is set again and new debug ccsip attached. Looks like zero point zero changed :/

Hi, 

Add these lines on your VG end let see if it makes change

voice service voip
ip address trusted list
ipv4 62.141.7.0 255.255.255.0

If you can, please send the sip-ua configuration section.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

I changed to the whole subnet for ITSP SBC at IP trusted list but still same issue.

We didn't configure the sip-ua as the provider didn't request any authentication/registration to be set.

They are allowing only SIP traffic from the private IP they gave us, that seem to be their authentication.

Thank you for costantly bringing new ideas!

Hi,

Let's give a try to this.

under voice service voip

sip

rel1xx disable

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Hi again,

now it looks different but still unsuccessful. 180 ringing appears now also..

Attached you can find the ccsip output.

Any idea how to proceed?

Cheers

Hi,
Can you please post the voice service voip configuration section including sip?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: