cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newly added 8861 phones message button config

0rsnaric
Level 1
Level 1

We just added 8861 model phones to our system.  Everything works great except the message button on the phone doesn't dial voicemail.  Not sure where in CUCM to define the vociemail system for the new phone. 

Running CUCM 10.5.1, phone is using sip88xx.10-2-2-16.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi 

Have you associated voicemail profile for the primary line on the line settings  your 8861 phone ?

Regards

Aditya Gupta

There is no voicemail profile assigned, it's set to use system default.  That is how all of our 7965 phones are set, they work.

Is this because the new phones are SIP only, and not SCCP?  Where do I create a profile, feel like i've looked at every drop down menu item in CUCM Admin...

Thanks.

There is no difference between the sccp and sip phones in terms of vm button.

VM button will not work if an improper vm profile is assigned . Can you double check the VM profiles on the working and the non-working phones.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

When I use the drop down box to show options for "Voice Mail Profile" under Directory Number Settings, it shows a handful of profiles as options.  But I can't seem to find where they are defined.  Where in CUCM Admin do I configure those?

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

You need the following configured:

1. Voice mail -- This can be done using the voice mail wizard as it pretty much helps you do everything
  2. Hunt Pilot for the Voice Mail
  3. Hunt List for Voice Mail
  4. Line Group for Voice Mail
  5. Each DN needs a voice mail profile or default as long as the checkbox is set on the VM profile
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: