cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newly Created Voicemail Mailbox-fastbusy

tmccabe
Level 1
Level 1

Another IP Communicator issue. When I create users that have only the IP Communicator software phone and I create a 7.15 Unity VM mailbox for them, callers get a  fast busy when dialing either their extension or their DID unless they have IP Comm up and on.

I have compared their settings to mine and I cant see why that would be. The only difference is that I have both the IP Comm setup and a 7942 hard phone.

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have configured CFUR to VM??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

huh ?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add to Java's reference (+5 Java-Man!)

CFUR = Call Forward Unregistered (set under the DN config page

Cheers!

Rob

I put a snip of a screen shot from my setup - not sure which is supposed to be checked. The difference is I have both IP Comm for home on my desktop at home and I have a hard phone 7942. The setting I am after is for those users that just have the software IP Comm on their laptop.

For the peeps that only have IPC set both the Internal/External checkboxes

to VM and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Robert - do you work for a company that has Cisco Telephony that you admin or are you with a Cisco service provider ?

I work at Mount Royal University in Calgary

Cheers!

Rob

Cool ! How many phone sets there ? A ton I bet !!

Im over in the N.E. by Devry - we do tax consulting and we only have 160 phones - going to upgrade in July to 8.5 - Im still a newbie at this stuff.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

We are @ about 3,000 sets

There's always lots to learn for all of us so don't feel alone here. That's

what makes the CSC such a great resource and fantastic community!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: