cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Night mode on CUCM

msa003_nemo
Level 1
Level 1

In CME, I can set feature-button 1 NiteSrv on IP phone to manually switch to night mode. User can know the status when the button light on. And set call-forward night-service when night time.

But I cannot find this feature in phone button template in CUCM 8.6. Can I set a similar button and function in CM?

9 Replies 9

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the Time of Day routing feature in the CUCM for this. Time of the day routing gives you flexibility to route calls based on the time of day (as the name implies), based on day (weekends, holidays etc.).

To get familiar please go through this excellent doc by Marwan.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8294

Terry

Hope It helps!

Sorry, I don't want to set the night mode on schedule. The user want to control the night mode any time. And CME can set a button for indicator to know the night mode is on and off. How can i do it in CM?

There's no equivalent in CUCM, best you could do, is set them to CFA to some DN.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I agree with Java, in that case I think you are left with the manual CFA option.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ok, but I surprise the function work in CME but cannot find in CM. And CFA need set in every phone but night mode of CME only set on 1 phone and then all phone affect.

Mmm.... There is another option,

You can create a hunt pilot, hunt list and hunt group for the group of DNs, setup the hunt pilot so the CFNA and CFB are set to the forwarded extension,  then create a copy of the softkey template and add the HLog softkey to the On Hook, Off Hook and Connected states, then go to the user phone and add change the softkey template to the one you just created.

This softkey will login-logout the DN from the hunt; if I remember correctly, the phone will display a message on the screen when the user is logged out (or it was the other way ); I know that it is not a light like the NBS in CME, but the extension will be able to get direct calls and the ones to the Hunt Pilot can be redirected to the forwarded extension.

Check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1100559

Additionally, the main difference from CME is that when any user in CME activates the NBS, it is activated for all of them, whith this approach, if you are using different extensions for each users (not shared lines), they will need to remember to logout when they leave, when the last phone that is part of the hunt logs out, the call will be automatically redirected. It also comes to my mind that you may setup a shared line for all the phones that are going to use this feature, that way only one phone needs to press the Hlog softkey (I haven't test the shared line - Hunt - HLog approach yet, but it might work).

HTH

espereir

It's really not surprising, they're completely different products and architectures, and they guys behind each product, do not work together to make sure everything works the same way, and that you can find the same features in both products.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

ccarter79
Level 1
Level 1

You can try translating the inbound call to an open line appearance on a phone.  You then forward that phone to the hunt pilot during the day, then forward it to voicemail at night.  It is a little more effort then pressing just 1 button but should solve the issue for you assuming you have an open line appearance.  This will also allow the users to forward calls destined for the pilot to another location without contacting the Call Manager Team to modify a translation.

I also try this method, but the forward no. must be the first line on phone to cFwdAll. Or set the forwarding in the ccmuser page. But this setting is not suitable for some stupid non-IT user.

Hunt logout is another method to control the forward. And it can set 1 button on phone to control.