Views
Helpful
Replies

Night Service fail with hunt-group CME 8.6

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am configuring the night service in a CME, when this is aplied to a single ip phone, works fine, but when is aplied to a extension withing a hunt-group fails, is imcompatible this feature with the hunt-groups?

This is the hunt-group configuration

ephone-hunt 7 sequential

pilot 1007

list 4116, 4114

final 4114

preference 1

timeout 20, 60

Extension 14 and 16 are into this hunt-group.

This is the configuration in telephony-services:

night-service day Thu 11:00 11:30

night-service code *1234

And the ephone-dn 16 and 16:

ephone-dn  16 dual-line

number 4116

pickup-group 105

call-forward night-service 4111

night-service bell

ephone-dn  14  dual-line

number 4114

pickup-group 105

night-service bell

But in this extension works fine because is not into a hunt-group

ephone-dn  17  dual-line

number 4117

pickup-group 105

night-service bell

As I said, is incompatible night service with extension into a hunt-group?

Thanks and Regards!!

3 Replies 3

You have to bounce the incoming call through an ephone-dn first which has the command call-forward night-service xxx where xxx is the extension of the number you want the call diverted to and a call-forward all to the pilot number of your hunt group. You dont assign this extension to a phone.

ephone-dn XX dual-line
number 123456
name Main Number
call-forward all 655
call-forward night-service 651
hold-alert 30 originator
night-service bell

With this example an incoming call will be forwarded to the hunt group with a pilot number of 655. Or if night service is enabled the call will be forwarded to extension 651 which could be a GDM or a phone.

Hope this helps. I do agree and even I know, that this is not a perfect solution. But still for the time-being atleast something is working.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkitesh

we have a hunt group 1000 with following directory numbers as members

All calls during the day should be handled by this hunt group and all out of hours calls should be handled by another hunt group 2000 which has following members

As we know there is no night service option for hunt group, what we will do is that we will forward all incoming calls to directory number and we will configure that directory number to forward all calls during the day to hunt group 4000 and all out of hours call should be forwarded to hunt group 2000.

ephone-dn 3

number 1111

call-forward all 4000

call-forward night-service 2000

hold-alert 30 orignator

night-service bell

This directory number is used as landing point for incoming calls from where calls are forwarded to different hunt group depending upon time of the day.

ephone-dn 4

number 4001

no huntstop

ephone-dn 5

number 4002

no huntstop

ephone-dn 5

number 2001

no huntstop

ephone-dn 6

number 2001

no huntstop

ephone-hunt 1 longest-idle

pilot 4000

list 4001, 4002

final 4003

timeout 15,15

ephone-hunt 2 longest-idle

pilot 2000

list 2001, 2002

final 2003

timeout 15,15

The final destination in hunt group 1 is configured as 4003 but it can be another hunt group as well if required.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkitesh

Message was edited by: Venkitesh H Iyer

Ok, i tried to forwall instead of a extension of a hunt-group, as you said, to a pilot, let´s if this run, I hope.

But what I dont understand is the forward all within a extension to a pilot, because in this way I think that you could not call directly a extension, always will be forwarded to the pilot.

The problem in this scenario is that I have several hunt-group with different list of extension, so I can not forward to a pilot, but the night-service should run.

About pickup-group, do you know how can an extension capture directly a call to another extension, for instance one secretary want to take an incoming call to his boss.

I saw it with fac custom service-direct but when i enable this in telephony-services, the pickup local stop running.

Any idea? Thanks !!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: