Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-CUE Hard Drive Failure

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

Have anyone ever had the hard drive fail on a NM-CUE module for 2851 router ? If yes can it be repaired by swaping out the hard drive (ata/ide) ? And do I have to format the new hard drive. How do I do this if it is even possible, my co-workers have given me the pain staking task of coming up with the solution to fixing this failed CUE module any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Dwayne.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I know that NM-CUE accepts third-party disks, Don't know about NME-CUE. In any case you best choice could be have it replace by Cisco TAC with a support contract.

Hi Paolo,

You are totally correct about having TAC replace it the only thing is the router does not have a valid smartnet. So it looks like we have to figure out a way to get the new hard drive to work, which is also an IDE disk.

Just be aware that without a support contract you will have no access to download files necessary to re-install the CUE software.

We have a support contract just not for the 2851 router in question. Could we use that contract to download the software and is there any special format that the hard drive has to be before I upload the cue software to it ?

dwayne rattan wrote:

We have a support contract just not for the 2851 router in question. Could we use that contract to download the software and is there any special format that the hard drive has to be before I upload the cue software to it ?

You can try. Re-installatation formats the disk and nothing need to be done first.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the star below.