Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Call Forward to Call Handler

Hi,

we have cucm 8.6 and cuc 8.6

inbound call from ITSP transferred to CUC call handler for opening greetings and by pressing '0' it transfers to operator.

i want to configure custom busy message when operator is busy with other calls.

i configured another call handler with number 1660 and forwarded the operator calls to the call handler if busy.

the busy message is playing when i dialed the number 1660 from any extension, but the calls not getting transferred when the operator is busy.

i tried with forward all calls to the callhandler and getting the message ' cannot be reachable'.

i configured busy message on opening greeting call handler itself, in the callhandler "greetings" section's "busy" option, it didn't work as the call already got transferred to cucm.so its not coming back to callhandler if the ext is busy.

please can anyone guide me to configure busy message for operator. 

4 Replies 4

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Try to transfer the call from the Call handler itself not from the phone.

Try "alternate" from the transfer rules in operator call handler 

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Hi Anas,

i tried as you said,

its transferring the call if extension is busy by skipping welcome greetings, it's not what i wanted.

i need if any inbound call comes from ITSP first the welcome message with IVR plays, if the caller press '0' then only it should transfer to operator, if the operator is busy then it should play "Operators Busy" message.

Maybe you need to play with forwarded rules, not the direct rules.

yes, i am trying that but, its not transferring to the call handler with busy message if extension is busy.

i am  getting the message ' cannot be reachable'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: