cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No dial tone after re-registration

mdaswani
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue where some phones don't get dial tone after a failback and have to be unplugged/plugged back in to get the dial tone.

We reboot our primary CM and the phones register to the backup CM and then re-register to the primary CM when it comes back online.  Out of several hundred phones just a small percentage of phones do not have dial tone.  The phone has to be unplugged and plugged back in to get dial tone.

Has anyone encountered and know a fix?  I could not find a bug that matched this behavior.

CUCM - 8.0.3.21900-8

CP-7975 - SCCP75.-9-0-3S

Manish

3 Replies 3

mudmathu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Manish,

Can you tell me where are the phones in your network topology, i.e. are they registered locally over the LAN or they are over WAN ??

Means is the call manager located locally or is it at a remote site ?

Thanks

Mudit

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Manish

Is there something common between these phones?

Also is it the same group of phones everytime or is it a random group?

Thanks

Tapan

Yes, there is a local CM and a remote CM connected over the WAN which is the backup.

We compared some of the phones to the last reboot we did and some were same and other phones were new, meaning they did not have this issue last time.

The phone comes up fine and visually look like it's operation.  It's just when you pick up the handset you don't get dial tone.  But once you unplug/plug it in everything works.