Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Dial-Tone through POTS dial-peer

Hello

I kindly ask for your help in order to solve an issue. I have the next dial-peer configured:

dial-peer voice 9 pots
preference 2
destination-pattern 9T
no direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/1:1 

From any IP Phone, when I press 9 in order to make a call to the PSTN, the dial-tone is lost, when I press the next number, the dial-tone comes back, what I want to do is that, when I press 9, the dial-tone does not lost. 

I have checked my route patterns and all of they have the "Provide Outside Dial Tone" enabled.

Please, if you need more details I will be happy to provide it.

Regards!

Iván

7 Replies 7

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Ivan,

its working as designed. You have configured 9 to provide external dial-tone. So yes you would press 9 and hear nothing and dial the consequtive numbers provides dial-tone.

Rate the post accordinly.

Regards,

Kevin

Thanks, but do you know how can I do this? Which parameter or command do I need to enter to mantain  dial-tone inmidiately after I press 9?

Regards

Iván

what you are after,is called "secondary dial tone" (also sometimes called two stage dialing in the more traditional PBX world, where a 9 was used to seize a trunk for external calls)

CUCM uses "provide outside dial tone" in the Route pattern definition. I am guessing you have some 9. pattern out there that has nopt got that box ticked and thus preventing a secondary dial tone to be played.  Please check that first.

Thanks

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi minkdennis

I have reviewed all my 9. route patterns and all of them have the "provide outside dial tone" enabled. Another clue?

Regards!

Iván

I'd check the route plan report and search for anything that begins with 9.  You may have a translation pattern or directory number that begins with 9.  You can add the provide outside dial tone to translation patterns but not directory numbers so you'll need to delete any directory number that begins with 9.

Thank you very much Brian.

I will do this and I will inform you the results.

Regards!

Iván

Thank you Brian.

Effectively we have configured a directory number with 911, I have changed this  number and I have dial-tone again.

Best regards