cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No failover to PSTN when SIP trunk down in Route List.

tcekada
Level 1
Level 1

I have a route pattern going to a route list that has a PAETEC SIP trunk in a group and then a H323 gateway in a route group so that calls to the pattern will be directed toward the pots lines on the H323 Gateway if I cannot make calls out the SIP trunk. What's not happening is that when I shut down the ethernet interface that the SIP trunk is on, make a call, the CCM or CUBE? does not failover to try and make the call out the POTS lines defined on the H323 gateway. If I swap the order of the Route groups to have the call go out the H323 first and unplug all my POTS line the call will failover to and go out the SIP trunk. I may not be emulating a downed sip trunk by just shutting down the interface that the SIP trunk is pointing to?? Anyone know how I can test the failover from the SIP trunk to the H323 POTS lines? Or is there some sort of timer that I can set to make it faiover to the POT lines when the SIP trunk is not available.

Thanks,

Tony

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Normally CCM will send first INVITE to SIP Provider, then it will retry waiting for the TRYING message.

We can change timers in CUCM.

Can you enable SDI traces with the current test, which is a valid one, for me so I can see what is happening if above does not help.

Thanks Tony

Gogasca,

Ok. Here you go, the SDL traces. I shut down the Ethernet interface that the SIP trunk is using then dialed 918005532447. What should have happened, I think, is that the CCM should have seen that it could not make the call via the SIP Trunk, and then it should have tried to make the call via the H323 POTS line that were 2nd in the Route List, but that never happened. Also not sure what you were referring to when you said "if the above does not help"

Thanks,

Tony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: