Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No incoming calls in SRST mode

We have the following configuration at a remote site and have issues with incoming calls when in fallback mode, outgoing calling works fine, but incoming gives busy tone.  Can someone see anything wrong with the config?  Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Mansour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can u run the cmd:

debug isdn q931

and

debug voice ccapi inout

Make an incoming call and post the debg outputs.

A very similar configuration structure to how I configure SRST.

Try applying your translation profile to the voice port rather than the incoming dial-peer, as that is the only obvious difference I can see.

Cheers,

Alistair

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah your missing a translation pattern.  Here's an example for what you need to do for your VGR:

* PSTN sending us the last 4 signifcant digits of our DID.  And we have a phone using DN 2303

voice translation-rule 100
rule 1 /3600/ /2303/

voice translation-profile voice
translate called 100

dial-peer voice 1 pots
translation-profile incoming voice
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/0:23

-rya

Thanks, I 'll try the suggested and get debugs if necessary...Will post back soon.

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

As ryabutler put in his dialpeer config you should put in the "incoming called number ."  command in dial-peer voice 1 pots. I am guessing that if you run a debug you will see incoming calls matching on dial-peer 1. You could probably just shut down that dial peer then then they will match on dial peer 2 and all should work fine I would guess. But i would add the command that ryabutler told you to add then give it a try.

Here is a doc you can reference for when you are experiencing no imcoming calls when running mgcp with your srst config on isdn or pots lines.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/cisco_ios_mgcp_and_related_protocols_configuration_guide/mgcpcht8.html