cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No PSTN access code

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

I wonder if anyone has any experiences of pros/cons in deploying a CUCM environment without a PSTN access code such as 9, and having a dial plan that directly matches PSTN numbers.

I seem to be getting more queries about this with the rise in OCS integration deployments. Its mainly because they want to be able to standardise a method of dialling both on the phone and within the MS environment.

Obviously there maybe case where overlap occurs with internal ext plans, company services codes such as reception 0 etc.

I would be very interested to hear others views about this. Many thanks.

2 Replies 2

mtmachen
Level 1
Level 1

we are deploying a cucm 7 system with no PSTN access codes. this is what we are doing

1. 10 digit dialing for all numbers and 4 digit dialing for DN's within the same location via translation pattern.

2. toll-free calls we except 1+ the 800 number because users simply forget to dial just the 10 digit code.

1 major drawback so far

4 digit extension dialing can be a problem if the extension someone is dialing an area code with the same digits due to translation pattern "urgent priority" being checked. our workaround was to reduce the inter-digit timeout to 4 secs and remove the "urgent priority" check.

How do number DNs ?

Would 1xxx be acceptable in your opinion ?

Are users unhappy to dial 10 digits for local calls ?

Seems like NANP is just made to require an access digit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: