Views
Helpful
Replies

No ringback over SIP

hjacquemin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I'm actually facing an issue in my IPTel network. When a PSTN user is calling us and if the call is transfered/forwareded he doesn't receive ringback.

Call flow:

PSTN --> SIP Gateway --> CUCM --> Phone 1 --> Forward/Transfer --> Phone 2

I checked the gateway and in each dial-peer pointing to the CUCM I have the command:

- progress_ind setup enable 3

Under the sip configuration, I have a MRGL who contain an annonciator based on doc: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-50/99341-ccm-sip-ringback.html

If someone has an idea...

Hervé Jacquemin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try adding "voice call send-alert" to your CUCM dial-peers.  It's supposed to be able to convert a progress message with a progress indicator to an alerting message which should result in a 180 Ringing being sent to CUCM.  In that scenario, the phones would play the ringback themselves.

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You might want to try enabling all of the codecs under the IPVMS service parameters if you haven't done so already.  Will probably need to see CallManager traces to see what is going on with the annunciator allocation.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, I checked and enable all the service but the problem is still there (maybe a service to restart to apply the change ??).

I will now go through the logs but which logs are the more specifics for the annunciator?

Thanks,

Hervé

Add this on CUBE/SIP gateway and then do a test...

sip

midcall-signaling passthru

Just added the commands under "voice service voip" and did a test. Still the same :(

You can apply this either under dial-peer or globally. voice service voip sip midcall-signaling passthru Or dial-peer voice xxx voip mid-call signaling passthru

did it globaly and still the issue

Then please attach CUCM trace file. And do mention calling , called number with time of call. Thank Manish

time 9.58 am

Caller id: 003227894364

Called id: 00496172408170

Forwad all number: 0032496529594

log files from 3890 - 3893 from publisher

log files frmo 2221 - 2225 from subscriber

Hello Hervé ,

Sorry for delay in reply .Your call flow is like this as per traces..

10.175.0.6 --> 10.161.10.170 --> 10.161.10.171 --->10.175.0.6

Now the call is going out from 10.161.10.171(SUB i guess) to 10.175.0.6 , then its a responsibility of SYST_CUCM2_ANN to provide ringback. But there is no annunciator is invoking in this call leg. Can you please recheck the MRGLs are they containing ANN ?

And one more thing , try setting up CFA to an internal number and then check the behavior.

rate all helpful post

Thanks

Manish

Trunk has DEBHO_MRGL

DEBHO_MRGL contains:

- SYST_ANN_MRG

- SYST_CFB_MRG

- SYST_MTP_MRG

- SYST_MOH_UNICAST_MRG

and then the SYST_ANN_MRG contains:

- SYST_CUCM1_ANN

- SYST_CUCM2_ANN

and both ANN are registerd.

I test this morning and it works fine if I forward to an internal number

And how about calling from an internal number to internal number , whose CFA is set to an outside number ? Thanks Manish

Internally there is no issue, it's just when an outside call is transfer/forwarded outside.

Please attach the sh run of your gateway

Please rate all useful posts

done :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: