Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No RTP Between two sites

Hi to all

we have no audio between two remote sites where both extensions registered into CUCM version 9.x

Site A use cisco jabber

Site B use ipphone

PATH:

Cisco jabber in Remote site A via ipsec tunnel--> Check Point-----> Site B with cisco ipphones via ipsec tunnel

In the HQ where is located the Check point (also cucm , cups)  if the inisiator of the call is in the HQ then everything its ok

Someone from the HQ create a conference between these remote sites and everything its ok

If site A call site B and vise versa then call established succesfully but without audio (RTP)

I believe that the issue related to  checkpoint but can you see something from the attached traces

I look into these traces but i didnt see anything useful about this issue

Calling ip (cisco jabber) :192.168.100.23

Called ip (ipphone): 192.168.10.7

Thank you in advance

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
10 Replies 10

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi chrysostomos1980,

The best way to troubleshoot one way audio/dead air issues is by taking packet captures at various points on the network.

Take packet captures @

1/ IP Phones at both sites.

2/ Checkpoint

3/ MTPs (if any)

Another way of checking if the phones are behaving fine is to press the '?' button twice when the call is connected. You should see the Tx and Rx stats continuously increasing.

The CUCM traces will only show us the signaling between these endpoints and since the same endpoints work in other call scenarios/internal calls within sites, we can isolate the issue being in the network.

Thanks

Sreekanth

Hi and thank you for the reply

Take packet captures @

1/ IP Phones at both sites.

Into the switch of each site?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Yes you will need to span the switch port where the phones are connected.

Else you can enable the PC port on the phones and Span to PC port as well. Here's the doc you can refer to.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1172757#1172757

Thank you Sreekanth

I will take the capture and return back with a feedback

Hi Sreekanth

I have attached the packet capture

CUCM Ips: 192.168.1.202-203

CUPS: 192.168.1.206

source ip( ipphone): 192.168.10.8

destination ip (jabber): 192.168.100.200

Thank you in advance

Hi chrysostomos1980,

I think the jabber IP address is 192.168.100.20. I can see an RTP stream going from the IP Phone to the jabber. There is NO stream coming from the Jabber to the IP Phone side. That means it's being blocked somewhere in between.

"Src addr","Src port","Dst addr","Dst port","SSRC","Payload","Packets","Lost","Max Delta (ms)","Max Jitter (ms)","Mean Jitter (ms)","Pb?"

"192.168.10.8","21328","192.168.100.20","17270","0x1319EC5","g711A","5517","0 (0.0%)","39.79","0.61","0.06",""

You would need to check if there is a firewall or something else in between that is dropping the packets from the Jabber phone.

Thanks

Sree

Hi Sreekanth

Yes my mistake.i put one zero more.

The destination ip is 192.168.100.20.

Could you pls advice where do you see the RTP traffic?

Src addr"

,"Src port",

"Dst addr"

,"Dst port","SSRC","Payload","Packets","Lost","Max Delta (ms)","Max Jitter (ms)","Mean Jitter (ms)","Pb?"

"192.168.10.8","21328","192.168.100.20","17270","0x1319EC5","g711A","5517","0 (0.0%)","39.79","0.61","0.06",""

PS:

Customer have a checkpoint in HQ and a check point in the remote destination (192.168.100.20) to establish the vpn..

Do you have something to advice for troubleshooting?

1/ You will need to first filter out the packets using the ip.addr==192.168.100.20 filter. This will show you a list of UDP packets. This is actually the RTP.

2/ You will need to right-click on any of the UDP packets and click "Decode As". There will be a popup. Choose RTP as the protocol and "Both" for the traffic sides.

3/ This will decode the UDP packets into RTP. Then go to the top menu bar, where you will see "Telephony" -> "RTP" -> "Show All streams". This will list the stream for you and you will see only one direction.

You can take the packet captures at both checkpoints to see where it could be getting dropped. Maybe there is some rule on checkpoint causing this. Please see if the packets that enter checkpoint VPN on the remote side come out at the checkpoint VPN tunnel on the HQ side.

Another (5*) to you

Thank you so much for the detailed explanations about wireshark

PS:

I will not mark for now the discussion as an answered maybe i will need your advice again but you will take another 5 points

Thank you chrysostomos1980

You can reach out to me in case you have any other queries regarding this and I will do my best to help you with them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: