cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NO SIP 3 way handshake; ACK not sent from CUBE

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Peeps, I am having the following issue, where outbound calls do not establish outbound audio (so the called party cannot hear me). The diagram below shows the SIP messages, when making an outbound call through a CUBE. 10.61.2.82 is my cucm, 10.61.64.254 is my CUBE. Our SIP  provider has come back to me and informed me the issue is on our CUBE, because there is no ACK sent to them, as part of the initial 101 INVITE (and I concurr, see below). The problem that I am having, is that I have no idea what to trouble shoot or play with, to understand why that ACK is not send from our CUBE to the provider. 

I obviously already ran debug ccsip message on my CUBE, but there is no apparent clue in that.

Below are the SIP ladders for a failing call and for an successful call, interestingly the successful cal sends a 183 session progress sip update coming from the provider, the failing call hasnt got that.

any one any suggestions? 

FAILING CALL:

SUCCESSFUL CALL:

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

3 Replies 3

Your CUBE is using EO while your CUCM uses DO. Change your CUCM to use EO as well and check.

Also, please share the debugs of the failed call, I think the Re-INVITE isn't going to the right destination IP based on your ladder.

Thanks Mo, agreed that one leg is DO and the CUBE outbound leg is EO, I will play with these settings.  But remember that we do have successful calls even though there is a mix of DO and EO. 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Agreed. EO-DO combi should work. I just want to see if it makes difference. Also, I would like to see the debugs for failed call if possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: