Views
Helpful
Replies

No Voicemail, but still Red LED light ON

blrvenky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

We have Cisco Unity Connection Administration Cisco Unity Connection version: 9.1.1.20000-32, some of the extensions have the LED Light ON even though there is no voicemail.

I have try to reset the Message Waiting Indicators, did not work. Also deleted the voicemail extension, recreated, did not work.

Finally deleted the extension and voice mail and recreate it again, but still the same problem.

This problem is happening only to few user extensions.

How can i fix this problem?

Thanks

Venky

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Venky,

Please troubleshoot as per the following doc for MWI issues

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-connection-version-70/111997-mwi-issue-on-uc-00.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

I checked this link before and applied the steps. 

MWI number 000002 is turn on the voicemail and 000003 is to turnoff,

this does not work on the phones which have LED ON.

I think these phone extension not communicating to MWI.

How to fix this?

have you assigned any partitions to the MWI On and Off DN's? try setting them to None and test.

Manish

There is no partition. check snapshot.

I said the MWI On and Off DN's , they are configured on CUCM under Advanced Features > Voice Mail.

Manish

The problem i found is that Envelope icon remain ON  VOIP Line. when a new voice mail is left the envelop icon blinks on  PSTN LINE, after hearing the message, can delete and the envelope goes off.

The problem occurring on the phones which has these specifications. please check the attachment.

Thanks

Venky

I found the solution to this problem.  

Removed the VOIP Line configuration, restart the phone and left a voice mail, the envelope icon comes on the PSTN line, able to retrieve and delete the message, Red LED light goes off.

Then configured the VOIP line, applied setting restart the phone, left voice mail the envelope icon comes on the PSTN, able to retrieve and delete the message, RED LED goes off.

Thanks

Venky

Yes it worked
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: