Views
Helpful
Replies

Node License Consumption (Count 9).

spvaidya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In my 8.6.2 CUCM Cluster, I see Node License Utilization count as 9. We have total of 19 node license and 11 are shown as remaining.

My query's are as mentioned below,

1. I have read that servers (nodes) with Callmanger service is activated will only consume the node license. We have total of 8 servers with Callmanager service activated.
  2. As per SRND, Callmangaer service can be activated on 8 servers only, how come it can consume 9 node license in my cluster.

Also note,

CUCM Cluster is upgraded from 7.1.5 to 8.6.2. In my old version (7.1.5) it used to show the same status (i.e. 9 node license consumed). Is it because of that the legacy is carried to new version ?

Thanks

Shashank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shashank,

Since you have restored data on the new CUCM 8.6 cluster, there is a chance that some of the servers run on the old setup will have the "Call Manager Service" running on them. These servers might be offline on the new CUCM cluster.

Please try deleting the old server's which are not being used from the CUCM server list and restart the License Manager Service. There is a good chance that one of these old servers which are offline might be holding the extra node license.

Thank you.

Joseph Chirayath.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Regular cluster supports only up to 8 CUCM call processing servers running CallManager service.

There is a concept of super cluster that expends to I belive 20 Subs, but you need a BU approval for that.

I've had Cisco issue me 20 node licenses as well, so simply leave it as it as you are using the max already, that is what I have done.

HTH,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I got it resolved.

Hi Shashank,

Since you have restored data on the new CUCM 8.6 cluster, there is a chance that some of the servers run on the old setup will have the "Call Manager Service" running on them. These servers might be offline on the new CUCM cluster.

Please try deleting the old server's which are not being used from the CUCM server list and restart the License Manager Service. There is a good chance that one of these old servers which are offline might be holding the extra node license.

Thank you.

Joseph Chirayath.

Hey Joseph,

Thanks bro...It's exactly the same issue. We had one of the server on wan location version 7.1.5 kept offline during this migration. This is to ensure that we can revert back should the need arise.

This server had CM service activated when the backup was performed on the old cluster (7.1.5). And when we upgraded to 8.6 this, the new PUB could not contact this server ( as it was switched off) to check the serveices status. Hence, the new PUB considered the backup status and did not modify the node license consumption. Meanwhile, We had also activated CM serveice on other subscriber, which made the node license consumption to 9.