Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia Call Connect and CUCME 7.1

paveltoleon
Level 1
Level 1

Good day!!!

Does anyone have working configuration of Nokia E71 with Nokia Call Connect 1.1 integrated to CCME 7.1?

As I've understood CUCME is supported with Nokia Call Connect 1.1 only.

Regards,

Pavel

33 Replies 33

Hi Aaron,

E71 is running S60v3.1 platform and E72 has S60v3.2, that is why I'm asking.

Well, then I guess there is only one way, get it and check.

Pavel

Hello Aaron,

My experience showed that Nokia Call Connect 2.0 only works on E72.

There are two sides of this issue:

1. I've managed to registed Nokia on CME, phone received extention number.

2. I cannot place outgowing call (phone is showing dialing process and there is complete silence) and when I'm calling to my E72 from another extention number from my desktop I hear busy signal.

Any ideas?

What debug I can start to see what is happening?

Pavel

Aaron,

any ideas what could be wrong in my config?

Pavel

Hi Pavel

Not really - have you tried using a non-octo line? I.e. keep things simple?

As far as I've seen v2.0 isn't listed as supported for CME, so it may simply not work.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

will try to use non-octo line.

The funny thing it is almost working, registering, placing calls... but I hear no sounds.

I could imagine it wouldn't register at all, but things are not that bad and I want to keep on trying.

Maybe debug could help? What debug I need to start to see if any problems occur?

Pavel

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This should be the way to set this up

For CME 4.2 and earlier

• Add it as a 7970 phone

ephone 1
mac-address aaaa.bbbb.cccc
type 7970
button 1:1

For CME 4.3 and later

• First Device a new device type:

ephone-type  nokia
device-id 376
device-name nokia Mobile Phone

• Next add your device with that type as an ephone under the telephony-service:

ephone 1
mac-address aaaa.bbbb.cccc
type nokia
button 1:1

Dear Bvanturn,

Thank you for your reply!

To avoid misunderstandings, at the beginning I've tried to connect Nokia E71 with installed Nokia Call Connect 1.1 to CME 7.1 and it worked well.

Now I'm trying to make Nokia E72 with installed Nokia Call Connect 2.0 working on same CME 7.1. The phone was registered using device type 7970 (first option you've mentioned), but call doesn't go through both ways.

As per documentation Nokia Call Connect 2.0 is not supported by CUCME, only by CUCM.

Will try to make as per second option you've mention and report shortly.

Pavel

Well situation moved to the better, but now I'm experiencing few other problems.

See below my attempts and results:

1. When I dial local ext. at the office from E72 ext. number, I see the phone ringing.

2. When I dial E72 ext. number from my desktop phone ext. I see the phone ringing.

3. When I pick up phone to start conversation I hear NO sound both directions at all.

4. When I try to redial E72 ext. number from my desktop phone ext. I see E72 show NO signs of incoming call in spite desktop is sending call.

5. When I  try to redial local ext. at the office from E72 ext. number, I desktop phone is not ringing.

After I restart the E72 same things are happening again.

Please see below part of config in case I've missed something:

ephone  19

device-security-mode none

mac-address AAAA.BBBB.CCCC

max-calls-per-button 3

busy-trigger-per-button 1

type nokia

button  1:19

ephone-dn  19 octo-line

number 1019

pickup-group 1

label Phone 19

name Phone 19

ephone-type  nokia

device-id 376

device-name nokia Mobile Phone

num-buttons 1

max-presentation 1

Hello!

Could you give any comments what could be wrong?

Pavel

Nokia Call Connect 2.1 is not supported on the CME, consequently an E72 that only supports 2.1, cannot work with CME.

Hello,

have you read my posts above?

E72 is registering and placing call, but I cannot hear any sounds, so I suppose there are some minor mistakes in my config.

Pavel

have you read my posts above?

E72 is registering and placing call, but I cannot hear any sounds, so I suppose there are some minor mistakes in my config.

I have read all this thread, and you are supposing wrong

The phone does not work because it is not supported, and you are having the expected results. Same as another colleague that I know.

Unsupported things do work sometime and do not other times. This is one of the latter.

If and when Cisco and Nokia will decide to support Call Connector 2.1 on CME, the phone will work.

Well, it is quite disappointing truth, but that was my choise to try it

Anyway E71 is woking perfect, so will use it instead!

In my opinion it is very strange to limit new phone model such as E72 with its' functionality in terms of integtation with CME which many smaller companies use.

Consider yourself fortunate, at least you have one phone model working.

CME users with Iphone, Blackberry, Android, only have the choice to upgrade to CUCM / CUMA to get them integrated.

Meaning many thousand of dollars for something very simple instead.

Is not surprising that Cisco shows no plans to bring true Mobile to CME, on the other hand we often have new great features from CME, so let's keep hoping.

Fortunately most of these phones can be made work as SIP for basic calls and VPN.

Yes, indeed, I've made E71 complete business instrument with Mail for Exchange synchronizing to Exchange server, SIP is functioning perfect too and connection to CME is made over VPN. The great thing is that connection is very stable even with poor WiFi signal.

This wasn't enough for me so I've started to try it with E72, but failed as you can see.

The person from Cisco instructed to add new device type instead of emulating 7970, so I thought it would solve my problem, that is why I was hoping there will be breakthrough.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: