cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nortel 81C-CUCM 8.5 H323 QSIG

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

I was supposed settup a nortel 81C-CCM 8.5 Qsig using H323 and I did a lot of reserach on cisco's website before this but there was not any specific doc. I know this can be done using MGCP but there is no proof of concept for H323. I am glad to say that it works sweetly on H323 also and supports name sending.

The important command is "qsig decode " under voice service voip. This takes care of all basic QSIG features like sending name and number on alerting as well as connected states.

I approached cisco before this and was advised to do MGCP, MGCP is good but very buggy and you have to bouce the application and PRI and things to make it work, it caused lot of issues and our PRIs did not came up so we had to try H323 path as a backup option , luckily it worked great.

Hope this will help

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the note (+5), indeed MGCP is not prefered method for myself and many of my colleagues here on the forum, I've done quite a few QSIG integrations and for the last 5 years I've only been using H323 for those very successfully.

Chris

Sorry, looks like original post cannot be rated :-(

chrishill.work
Level 1
Level 1

That's great! I have run into an MGCP issue once every three weeks with QSIG ties to an 81 and H.323 sounds like the change that needs to made. Would be so kind as to share the config?  Thanks, Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: