cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nortel phone 1120 E on callmanager

can we register nortel 1120 e phone in callmanager using sip

Voice experts plz reply

14 Replies 14

You can add any third party SIP phones if you can put some settings there.

Check this document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html

this doc i have seen

My question is specific

can nortel 1120 e model-ntys03 come with factory settings can register in callmanager....

means do we need to upload sipload or something

Those who installion exp of nortl phones,plz reply

There is SIP firmware available for 1120E and 1140E phones. You need to get it from a Nortel reseller though. How many phones do you need to configure?

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

i have that firmware and uploaded

But there is no option to add username and password in the nortel phone...

I am now inst in a lab after that to do 100 phones

NY ONE PLEASE HELP....

You can set user and password through the phone (services > system), but I would really suggest reading about the config files and using tftp. that will be much easier for 100 phones.

but there is no menu called system

There is on mine, but it may be because I loaded user and proxy info from a config file first.. See attachments.

can you send me the config file u r using and how u uploaded...??

Thanks for helping..

If you managed to get these flashed to SIP you must have done some of this already, no?

See attached. You totally owe me a six pack ;)

i already having this file and using this only I updated the sipload of the nortel phone

But still I cant able to register this phone on cisco callmanager

U already done it right?

Please help me...

Not with CM. I did with a Zultys. I don't know CM at all.. There is an example of the file on p.37. One thing to note about these phones is I never could get voice mail light to work..

I WOUL LIKE TO KNOW IS THIS PHONE WORKS WITH CISCO CM

THANKS 4 UR HELP

CISCO EXPERTS WITH NORTEL EXP..PLZ REPLY

Hi I just recently did get a 1120e phone to register on my

Call Manager

After you have put the SIP firmware on the 1120e set, be careful becasue some Nortel sets are not compatible with the latest SIP firmware you might download. I tested with SIP versions 2 and 3 both work.

For simplicity in Call Manager I made the user name numeric and the same as the extension number

Now the stumbling block for me is when you power up the Nortel set with the SIP firmware it comes by default of a domain of Nortel.com. You need to edit that and make it the same as any value you might have in the Enterprise Paramters in the Organization Top Level Domain box.

The set will then register,

Do you have your config file users.dat that you used for the Nortel phone handy?  I am running into the same weird issue here...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: