Views
Helpful
Replies

Nortel SIP Phone on CUCM

jeff.heckart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently converted a Nortel shop to Cisco CUCM 6.1(2), and have the need to register several Nortel 1140E's to CallManager.

I have searched here and googled, and am not coming up with anything. I have also added the phone's MAC as an advanced SIP endpoint, manually changed the tftp server, and it doesn't come up. I believe that it already has a SIP image.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

32 Replies 32

ok - all those settings are identical to what you have above, but...

I still get the following error:

Failed to login user, server error: 404

Can't find the URI on CUCM

We are running

CUCM System version: 8.6.1.20000-1

Any thoughts?

Hmm, are you using DNS names rather than IP addresses for your SIP_DOMAIN1 and SERVER_IP1_1?

What are you Using for your DNS_DOMAIN?  Ours is a little different than our web doamin.  Check yours by looking up your computer name under system properties on a windows machine. 

Any access lists' on the voice vlan?

DNS_DOMAIN

SIP_DOMAIN1 10.10.18.1

SERVER_IP1_1 10.10.18.2

no ACL's of any sort

very simple network...

Did you create a new Third-party SIP Device Basic - Standard SIP Non-Secure Profile with digest credentials required?

You will need to select it in the phone's device security profile under protocol specific information.

I created one for basic and advanced.  You can use either, does not matter, but the advanced uses more DLUs.

screen shots helped - we are trying these settings now and ill get back to you

Got it!!!!

Thanks for all the help Richard!

Awesome!!  Glad I could help!!  The Nortel folks aren't so great with documentation, so I know how it goes!!

One last issue...

Every minute the Screen on the nortel flashes and say "Logging in User".  Any way to stop this?

Probably check the config files (1140eSIP.cfg and users.dat) for something.  I've seen something when you do login, that it can be a timed login.

You can find the SIP admin guide for the 1100 series phones @

http://tiny.cc/ys53w

It will explain all the stuff in those files.

Updated to work..

What im seeing is that the calls are just plain dropped and the phone (no timed login) just basically restarts...

im gonna hang it up for the day if I can't get this soon...

So the phone restarts every time you make a call to it??  I would check for a codec mismatch..

No - we have Dial Tone and 711 is the codec.  Just every 30 seconds (we timed it) the screen flashes and it is like the phone "resets".  No matter what you are doing.  Service panels, home screen, in a call, etc...

we are looking for any values in CUCM that may be what is causing this.

Check your enterprise parameters clusterwide domain configuration.

With that, I also created host records in DNS for pub and all my subs.  So the cluster fully qualified domain will be the one you set for you pub.

same thing after adding that above...  I am going to maybe reach out to TAC after I do a snif on the link as this just seems very weird.

Thanks Again for all the help - it is appreciated.

tedbienapfl
Level 1
Level 1

Ok - got over the main struggle.  THe problem we have now is that once a call is established, any keys that are hit during a call (think voicemail password, etc..) do not register at all.  They are totally ignored.  Other Cisco phones do work as expected in this type of scenario.

Did you have to make any settings changes in CUCM or on the Phone setup to allow for the tones to be recognized?  Once I have this, I think we are good to go...

Thanks All