cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

not able to access cucm -subscriber's service activation page from publisher by gui

HARISH S
Level 1
Level 1

I have a newly upgraded 7.02a cluster and when i try and look at the
services in serviceabilty of other servers in the cluster i get the
following error "Connection to the Server cannot be established(Unable to
access Remote Node)" If I log into a subscriber I can see the services fine
but I get the same error when i try and view services of the publisher from
the sub and vice versa. All system reports appear fine and Replications is
working. I'm assuming this is a bug? Anyone run into this before?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Harish,

Possible scenarios that I've seen in which "Connection to the  Server cannot be established(Unable to access Remote Node)" is thrown  when trying to access the Serviceability page of a remote server from a  server

(1) Tomcat certificate on the remote server has expired

(2) /etc/host of the server from which you are trying to access the remote server is missing

(3) User doesn't have the required groups (Super CCM User)

(4) An end user configured with the same name as the  'administrator' application user, and doesn't have the necessary groups  (Super CCM User)

(5) Network connectivity issue to the remote server

Can you please run through the list on your servers ?

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

View solution in original post

Hi Harish,

Depending on the state of the hardware clock on the system and the timezone, it is possible the tomcat certificate can be generated with a timestamp

that is invalid (the validity of the certificate is some number of hours in the future;until this number of hours has elapsed since subscriber install, it isn't possible to start services for this subscriber).So, Regenerate the Tomcat certs (the only relevant ones) prior to service activation and after installation completes on the subscriber:Login to subscriber Platform GUI.Select: Security->Certificate Mgmt->Delete Regenerate Certificate.Then activate services for this subscriber. For example, When subscriber is in eastern timezone and publisher in pacific timezone, after fresh install admin have to regenerate Tomcat certificates on the subscriber side.

Please check this Bug also CSCth44399 and the related document below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6119

Tx,

Shalu

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

shalushar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Harish,

Make sure that there should not be any end user with the same name of application user.

Tx,

Shalu

Well I have not created any users in my cluster .The problem that i am facing is that I can login through my subscriber gui and can activate or restart services for both my publisher and subscriber but when i try to do it from my publisher i can only restart or activate services for my publisher server only .If i try to do pulldown my subscriber servers ip from service activation page i get the error  "unable to access remote node ".The ip connectivity is fine ,the database replication is also fine " .I checked everything  .I do still think something strange is happening since i can activate services from my subscriber for publisher and subscriber  servers .but from publisher its just not working .weather its a bug or something with this version

Hi Harish,

Possible scenarios that I've seen in which "Connection to the  Server cannot be established(Unable to access Remote Node)" is thrown  when trying to access the Serviceability page of a remote server from a  server

(1) Tomcat certificate on the remote server has expired

(2) /etc/host of the server from which you are trying to access the remote server is missing

(3) User doesn't have the required groups (Super CCM User)

(4) An end user configured with the same name as the  'administrator' application user, and doesn't have the necessary groups  (Super CCM User)

(5) Network connectivity issue to the remote server

Can you please run through the list on your servers ?

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

Hi Harish,

Depending on the state of the hardware clock on the system and the timezone, it is possible the tomcat certificate can be generated with a timestamp

that is invalid (the validity of the certificate is some number of hours in the future;until this number of hours has elapsed since subscriber install, it isn't possible to start services for this subscriber).So, Regenerate the Tomcat certs (the only relevant ones) prior to service activation and after installation completes on the subscriber:Login to subscriber Platform GUI.Select: Security->Certificate Mgmt->Delete Regenerate Certificate.Then activate services for this subscriber. For example, When subscriber is in eastern timezone and publisher in pacific timezone, after fresh install admin have to regenerate Tomcat certificates on the subscriber side.

Please check this Bug also CSCth44399 and the related document below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6119

Tx,

Shalu

Thanks a lot srsivara and shalu .It was a pbm regarding tomcat security certificate .There was a pbm with timezone .

just regenerated it .

Really appreciate it

I had the same issue with Communications Manager 9.1(2) and read the notes for CSCth44399.

Regenerating the tomcat cert (set cert regen tomcat) and then restarting the Cisco Tomcat service (utils service start Cisco Tomcat) worked for me.

Hi Joshua,

do you know if the enduser as been asked to install the new certificate on Cisco Jabber (Windows/Mac) Client after your change?
Thanks

Yes.  The Jabber Client would ask to install the new certificate.

ok great!

thanks for the fast anwser!

You're welcome.

It was #4 for me.  Upgraded from 4.1 to 9.1 and there was an end user named Administrator.  It had CCM Super User rights, but after deleting it, I was able to access the Sub Serviceability page.