Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to connect calls from third party SIP phone

gustavo-suarez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I wanted to get your advice with the configurations of a third-party SIP phone device in a CME environment. The problem I am encountering is that after configuring the "voice register pool" and "ephone-dn" for the SIP phone we are able to place calls and receive calls, but the calls from within our network are not able to connect. When a call is made from the third-party SIP phone and answered by any other phone unit in the network, the call does not connect and we listen to silence before the call is dropped. Now, placing a call from another VoIP unit in our network can establish and connect a call. Calling to outside the LAN we see no issues. We have the same third-party SIP phone in another LAN, but the other LAN has a CUCM in the mix, which makes it a lot easier to get it working.

Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?

Here is the config related to this unit in the CME...

ephone-dn 164 octo-line
number 464
name Conf Room Neo 2

voice register pool 5
id mac "device.MAC"
number 1 dn 5
dtmf-relay sip-notify
voice-class codec 1
username test1 password test1

voice class codec 1
codec preference 1 g711ulaw
codec preference 2 g729r8

Thank you,

- Gustavo

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the Video Over IP forum, might want to move your thread to the IP Telephony area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank you, my friend! I just moved it to the "IP Telephony" area.

Thank you,

- Gustavo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: