Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to do a call back from an 7940

Alf Martinsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When i call in to a 7940 with sw 8.1.(2.0) from a mobile that starts with: 45xx xxxx, the call shows up as:
unanswered call:
From 45 xx xx xx

+47 45xx xx xx

When i click dial from the 7940, we get a voice telling "the call could not be...." check cataloug...

BUT when i enter the number myself as: 0 45 xx xx xx, then it all works! Go figure!

This problem is only on our 7940!

regards

/alf

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure system (that you have not mentioned), to add 0 in front of calling number.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 7940/7960 does not support the plus character. You would need to apply a Calling Party Transformation CSS to that legacy phone to strip the plus and add your OffNet access code (e.g. zero or nine).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi, and thanks for answering. Well since i have 7940/60's mixed in between a lot of CSS, and my route pattern normally takes care of this, i am not sure how i could solve this for only my 7940/60's.

I could not see that making a Calling Party Transformation CSS, would solve this.

A Calling Party Transformation would only change what is seen on the display in the called state, it wouldn't change what is shown in the missed/recived calls directory. That will always show the call as per the global normalization done in CUCM. To solve this in an enviroment with mixed phones, with phones that can support the + sign and phones that don't, you would need to globaly normalize the incoming calling number in a format that doesn't have the + sign. From the description that would in your case be to add one 0 in front of the calling number instead of a +.

But that might not be what you want depending on other requriment, possible a better solution would be to replace the rather old 7940s with phones that support the + sign.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Response Signature

we have over 500 of thos, so that would be to expen... ;-)

Then you need to change the global normalization to adapt that to fit your needs.

Response Signature