Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to start the Connection Digital Networking Replication Agent Service

barry florence
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am getting the following alert through RTMT, when i tried to start the service in Unity Connection Serviceability, it doesn't start.   Unity Connection 8.5.1.  It is still in the stopped status, Although service is not important, however it is pushing a lot of rtmt alert.   Could you please help me how to start this Connection Digital Networking Replication Agent Service. 

Service operational status is DOWN. Connection Digital Networking Replication Agent.

Thanks

Barry

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Barry

Can you please disable the service and check the events again.

Select Unity Connection Serviceability and hit "go".
Enter credentials needed. Go to Tools > Service Management > look for the
Digital Networking Replication Agent service > Stop and disable the service
and the events will be gone.

Br,
Nadeem

Please rate all useful post.
Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Digital Network is a feature you can configure on two or more CUC clusters.You can have several CUC clusters integrated as if there were sharing the DB. With Digital Networking you can maximize the amount of users with mailboxfor large environments remotely located.

If your configuration is for one single cluster and this is not communicating to any other cluster of CUC servers than DN is not used.so i believe that's the reason its not starting .

Please refer to the next document with more information about DN:

Using Digital Networking:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsagx/7xcucsag247.html#wp1040314

Br,

Nadeem

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Barry,

This is an optional service used to enable replication of data between CUC servers in Digital Networking. This is used when you want digitally network unity connection servers. You should disable the service if you have only have a signle CUC cluster

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

In order to clear this message, you can perform Mainteance Window and reboot the servers.

If required you can open a TAC case for the root cause.

Br,

Nadeem

7 Replies 7

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Barry

Can you please disable the service and check the events again.

Select Unity Connection Serviceability and hit "go".
Enter credentials needed. Go to Tools > Service Management > look for the
Digital Networking Replication Agent service > Stop and disable the service
and the events will be gone.

Br,
Nadeem

Nadeem,

Thanks for that,itworked to stop alerts.

.Do you know what this service is used for?  Is it really important.  Also do you know why it wasn't starting. I deactivated this service at the pub Unity connection(HQ).  Does that cause any issue?

Thanks

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Digital Network is a feature you can configure on two or more CUC clusters.You can have several CUC clusters integrated as if there were sharing the DB. With Digital Networking you can maximize the amount of users with mailboxfor large environments remotely located.

If your configuration is for one single cluster and this is not communicating to any other cluster of CUC servers than DN is not used.so i believe that's the reason its not starting .

Please refer to the next document with more information about DN:

Using Digital Networking:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsagx/7xcucsag247.html#wp1040314

Br,

Nadeem

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Barry,

This is an optional service used to enable replication of data between CUC servers in Digital Networking. This is used when you want digitally network unity connection servers. You should disable the service if you have only have a signle CUC cluster

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks for Nadeem and Aokanlawon, for the quick reply.

1.  You are right  i got only one cluster i understand its not working,  However howcome this service was started in pub UC and was working. I will disable anyway now as i got only one cluster. It all started when I started to fix the following alerts which was pushed by sub Unity Connections(Branchsite)

Failed to retrieve DbSpace usage information when running the "Monitor the Unity Connection databases" SysAgent task.

This alert started coming after there was a network connection drop between HQ cucm and the branch sub UC, after the drop, all ports disconnected between these two servers, services deactivated in Sub UC, after the network connection back again, ports connected back and the most of the services activated.  However the following services were not in the running state in Sub UC.   I found these information from the sysagent trace log.  I thought to fix this error  is to start the Connection Database Proxy in Sub UC.  However this has stopped the following service 'Connection' Database Proxy' and 'Connection Digital Network Replication Agent' in Pub UC.  I managed to start Connection Database Proxy in Pub UC, however Connection Digital Network Replication agent is now in deactivated status.

Critical Services

connection exchange notification web service

connection mailbox sync

connection message transfer agent

connection notifier

Optional services

Connection Database Proxy

Connection Digital Networking Replication Agent

Connection Speechview processor

2. How do I stop the alert from sub UC

Failed to retrieve DbSpace usage information when running the "Monitor the Unity Connection databases" SysAgent task.

Thanks

In order to clear this message, you can perform Mainteance Window and reboot the servers.

If required you can open a TAC case for the root cause.

Br,

Nadeem

Thanks Nadeem for the confirmation, I am planning to do the same thing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: