Views
Helpful
Replies

Not transferring to unity

tracker141
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone;

I have moved on to the next phase of this deployment. We have two CME routers. Calls are working by not transferring to the mailbox. 

Site A:

Cisco ISR 1861

WAN: 172.16.2.4, Unity 172.16.2.5

Phones: 172.16.5.0/27

Site B:

Cisco UC520

WAN: 172.20.5.50, Unity 172.20.5.51

Phones: 172.20.5.0/27

Site-to-Site VPN with both the .2 and the .5 networks in the encryption domain. Dial peer in site a and site b to route calls based on the extension number to their respected sides. Calls are working without issue, can place the call on hold, or transfer to other extensions. However, if a caller calls across to the other side, and the called user is unavailable the call is not forwarded to the users' voice mailbox and a quick busy signal is heard. The phone displays an unavailable message. 

I think I need a dial-peer for the unity pilot, however, I am not sure if I need to point the session target to the IP of CME or Unity. 

Thanks for taking a look....

Also, I still haven't been able to find an answer for this. If a call comes in from a sip trunk and is forwarded to a user's mailbox, the message information is from that user and not the caller id of the calling party. For example, if I get a call from my DID, XXXXXX2112, which is listed as the E164 number in my unity mailbox config. When I listen to a message, it will start by saying the call is from extension 101 (my extension). I haven't really been able to find anything on this issue in my searching.

Thanks again

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

For IP Phones to reach voicemail, CME Router must be configured with dial-peer pointing to the IP Address of CUE. Here is the example:

CCME(config)# dial-peer voice 7000 voip
CCME(config-dial-peer)# description Unity Express - VoiceMail
CCME(config-dial-peer)# destination-pattern 7000
CCME(config-dial-peer)# session protocol sipv2
CCME(config-dial-peer)# session target ipv4:172.16.2.5
CCME(config-dial-peer)# dtmf-relay rtp-nte
CCME(config-dial-peer)# codec g711ulaw
CCME(config-dial-peer)# no vad
CCME(config-dial-peer)# exit

For your first issue, please provide below details:

• What is the version of Unity Express? Which CUE module you are using?
  • Is voice mail working locally at each location? 
  • Can you post current configuration of your CME?
  • Have you tried debugging on the CME Router? What is the error message you get?
  • Is Unity IP Address reachable from both sites? Do you have proper routes configured, so that Unity Express can reach both sites IP Phone networks? 
  • Do you have any access lists/firewall rules blocking the access of CUE IP Address?

For your second issue, do you have following commands configured on CUE:

CUE#config t
CUE(config)#voicemail callerid CUE(config)#voicemail mailbox-selection original-called
CUE(config)#end

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you @Vaijanath Sonvane I will give these suggestions a try, I know I did not have dial peers for the CUE on each side and I was thinking that might be the issue. I will update after testing and pull some debug logs.

Thanks

@Vaijanath Sonvane Thanks for the help I was able to get the remote site voice mail working....still having issues with the caller id information in the saved message. Steps in the right direction though.

Hi,

I do not have CUE to test it further. Please check page 12 and 13 of the below document for further troubleshooting:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/CP_CIPExpress/excerpts/cipce21.pdf

This is one more thread which might give you some direction:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/caller-id-is-wrong-when-cme-transfer-a-caller-to-cue-to-leave-a/td-p/2034893

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks for the tips I might have to pull some debug logs to see what is happening as the call is being routed to Unity and what is in the headers. Just doesn't seem like that calling party's caller ID information is being transferred to Unity. In turn, Unity does not know what to put there so it just puts the user's information (internal Extention) in the envelope. 

Not a major issue just more of an annoyance issue.

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: