I have moved on to the next phase of this deployment. We have two CME routers. Calls are working by not transferring to the mailbox.
Cisco ISR 1861
WAN: 172.16.2.4, Unity 172.16.2.5
WAN: 172.20.5.50, Unity 172.20.5.51
Site-to-Site VPN with both the .2 and the .5 networks in the encryption domain. Dial peer in site a and site b to route calls based on the extension number to their respected sides. Calls are working without issue, can place the call on hold, or transfer to other extensions. However, if a caller calls across to the other side, and the called user is unavailable the call is not forwarded to the users' voice mailbox and a quick busy signal is heard. The phone displays an unavailable message.
I think I need a dial-peer for the unity pilot, however, I am not sure if I need to point the session target to the IP of CME or Unity.
Thanks for taking a look....
Also, I still haven't been able to find an answer for this. If a call comes in from a sip trunk and is forwarded to a user's mailbox, the message information is from that user and not the caller id of the calling party. For example, if I get a call from my DID, XXXXXX2112, which is listed as the E164 number in my unity mailbox config. When I listen to a message, it will start by saying the call is from extension 101 (my extension). I haven't really been able to find anything on this issue in my searching.
For IP Phones to reach voicemail, CME Router must be configured with dial-peer pointing to the IP Address of CUE. Here is the example:
CCME(config)# dial-peer voice 7000 voip CCME(config-dial-peer)# description Unity Express - VoiceMail CCME(config-dial-peer)# destination-pattern 7000 CCME(config-dial-peer)# session protocol sipv2 CCME(config-dial-peer)# session target ipv4:172.16.2.5 CCME(config-dial-peer)# dtmf-relay rtp-nte CCME(config-dial-peer)# codec g711ulaw CCME(config-dial-peer)# no vad CCME(config-dial-peer)# exit
For your first issue, please provide below details:
For your second issue, do you have following commands configured on CUE:
CUE(config)#voicemail callerid CUE(config)#voicemail mailbox-selection original-called
Thank you @Vaijanath Sonvane I will give these suggestions a try, I know I did not have dial peers for the CUE on each side and I was thinking that might be the issue. I will update after testing and pull some debug logs.
@Vaijanath Sonvane Thanks for the help I was able to get the remote site voice mail working....still having issues with the caller id information in the saved message. Steps in the right direction though.
I do not have CUE to test it further. Please check page 12 and 13 of the below document for further troubleshooting:
This is one more thread which might give you some direction:
Thanks for the tips I might have to pull some debug logs to see what is happening as the call is being routed to Unity and what is in the headers. Just doesn't seem like that calling party's caller ID information is being transferred to Unity. In turn, Unity does not know what to put there so it just puts the user's information (internal Extention) in the envelope.
Not a major issue just more of an annoyance issue.