Views
Helpful
Replies

Notify all phones when main number is ringing

afgitdepartment
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm wondering what the best way to configure this is.  we have a main number coming into an office at DN 8427.  We have a group of people who work after hours at their desk and want to answer the 8427 number when the attendant is not there.  (DN's 2721,2722,2723,etc)

If I put 8427 and 2721,2722,2723 in a pickup group, all the phones in that group are notified when each others phones are ringing.  I just want the 2721,2722,2723 DN's to be notified if the 8427 is ringing.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by mentioning what call control and version you use.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Call Manager  9.1.1.10000-11

I'd suggest a shared line for that, only when that DN is called, it will ring on all the other phones.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

What if I don't have another line to put the shared line on?

Hi.
Which model are those phones?
I can suggest, if the model is suitable,
a speed dial on each phone with blf and pickup option activated

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi,

Check this helps,

1) Remove x8427 from attendant's phone and configure it as hunt pilot and configure 2721,2722,2723 in line group.

2) Configure a dummy ext(eg 1000) on attendant's phone but make sure Alerting name, display name, line text label are configured as 8427 and also make sure you have add the dummy ext in Hunt pilot 8427 as a 1st line.

DN configration:

DN -1000

Alerting name - 8427

display name - 8427

line text label - 8427

Hunt pilot - 8427

line group - 1000,2721,2722,2723

I gave this solution to many of the user its works well. But the disadvantage is, when attendan make internal calls, the other end person will recieve the caller ID as 1000(8427).

-Murali

davetechfreak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Just an idea... I f you have CUC you can route the call to a System Call Handler and apply a schedule to it so that during normal working hours it only rings onto the attendant's phone. Then during out-of-hours you can configure it to transfer to a Hunt Group similar to what Murali had suggested above...

HTH

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: