cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number 9 cannot be stripped when placing a call to PSTN

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Any one can help to troubleshoot the call failure. It could call to PSTN phone, but now it cannot. However I got debug isdn q931 message. Please see the below, which shows that the called number 9 cannot be stripped. so received the called number is 95151111. I check route pattern in cucm, which shows the discard digit box is checked at Predot, and the pattern is 9.[2-9]XXXXXX, but apparently it does not work. Anyone can some suggestion ? thanks 

Jan 26 18:43:57.740: ISDN Se0/1/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0007
Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
Standard = CCITT
Transfer Capability = Speech
Transfer Mode = Circuit
Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
Channel ID i = 0xA98381
Exclusive, Channel 1
Calling Party Number i = 0x4181, '3033001'
Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)
Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '95151111'
Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)
Jan 26 18:43:57.772: ISDN Se0/1/0:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x8007
Channel ID i = 0xA98381
Exclusive, Channel 1
Jan 26 18:43:57.772: ISDN Se0/1/0:23 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x8007
Cause i = 0x8281 - Unallocated/unassigned number
Jan 26 18:43:57.836: ISDN Se0/1/0:23 Q931: TX -> RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0x0007
Jan 26 18:43:57.844: ISDN Se0/1/0:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8007

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Any possibility you have another route pattern or translation this call could be hitting? Use Dialed Number Analyzer (Serviceability > Tools > Dialed Number Analyzer) to troubleshoot the call flow.

Brandon

View solution in original post

This RP has explicit match not sure why 9.[2-9]XXXXXX RP not working it could be something by anychance or any parameter or PT or CSS missing .. that's why i have asked for CCM traces to determined the root cause.

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Any possibility you have another route pattern or translation this call could be hitting? Use Dialed Number Analyzer (Serviceability > Tools > Dialed Number Analyzer) to troubleshoot the call flow.

Brandon

Here is output of it. Thanks for your suggestion

• Results Summary
  • Calling Party Information
    • Calling Party = 1000
    • Partition =
    • Device CSS =
    • Line CSS =
    • AAR Group Name =
    • AAR CSS =
  • Dialed Digits = 95151111
  • Match Result = BlockThisPattern
  • Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number
  • Called Party Number =
  • Matched Pattern Information
    • Pattern =
    • Partition =
  • Pattern Type =
  • Time Zone =
  • Outside Dial Tone = NO
  • Call Flow
  • TranslationPattern :Pattern=
    • Partition =
    • Positional Match List =
    • Calling Party Number = 1000
    • PreTransform Calling Party Number =
    • PreTransform Called Party Number =
    • Calling Party Transformations
      • External Phone Number Mask = NO
      • Calling Party Mask =
      • Prefix =
      • CallingLineId Presentation =
      • CallingName Presentation =
      • Calling Party Number = 1000
    • ConnectedParty Transformations
      • ConnectedLineId Presentation =
      • ConnectedName Presentation =
    • Called Party Transformations
      • Called Party Mask =
      • Discard Digits Instruction =
      • Prefix =
      • Called Number =

• Alternate Matches

In your DNA test, you apparently did not use a CSS to route the call.. So the pattern was blocked.  Make sure you use a CSS that your phones are using thus to ensure valid routing data is displayed.

I just checked several times, the route pattern and the phone are in the same CSS. It used to work before. I do not know what is happening. Do you think only these items are needed to be related with CSS? thanks

Yes these are most relevant information we check, can you pull CCM traces to look whats exactly things is going on.

Br,

nadeem

"can you pull CCM traces to look whats exactly things is going on."

Yes I am going to do that

Is this discard digit predot issue or CSS issue? thanks

can you make a generic RP with Pre-dot in called party transformation  9.5151111 and route it respective to GW/MGCP GW and see if digit is coming correct or not.

Please go through this link how to collect the Call-manager traces.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126666/collecting-cucm-traces-cucm-862-tac-sr

CCM trace is complicated, and i have not finished it yet

But, after I made 9.5151111, it begins to work. 9.[2-9]XXXXXX still cannot work. These two RP config are the same except the two numbers. So this also confirms css config is right.

This RP has explicit match not sure why 9.[2-9]XXXXXX RP not working it could be something by anychance or any parameter or PT or CSS missing .. that's why i have asked for CCM traces to determined the root cause.

Br,

Nadeem

Hi, It can work now! There were two 9.[2-9]XXXXXX, one is for HQ and another is for SB router. after removing the last one, it begins to work. Thank you Nadeem.

The reason that I failed to do ccm trace is that the download application cannot run at my computer. but i think it is a good way for ts

Glad issue is resolved.

Br

Nadeem Ahmed

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Couple of things:

What type of gateway MGCP/H323/SIP?

Do you have any other route patterns that could be matching outbound?  Verify this via DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer). 

Debug the router to determine what is actually get sent from CUCM.  This will tell you if the nine is coming from CUCM or not. If not, then it must be getting reinserted at the gateway. Again, all this depends on the type of gateway protocol you are running.  You did not specify this. 

What type of gateway MGCP/H323/SIP?  ----it is MGCP

Do you have any other route patterns that could be matching outbound?  Verify this via DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer). Yes, it has other route patterns, but it does not show it in DNA. 

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

do a route like 9.5151111 and on called party transformation on RP level do discard digit as Predot. also check all possible RP and any translation pattern you have which is matching DNA would be much helpful for that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: