Helpful
Replies

Number of Branches under Menu Parameter in UCCX Script

Rohit Khajuria
Level 1
Level 1

HI All

Thanks in advance !!!

I have a query about the MENU Parameter in UCCX Scripting. 

The query is we can create at the most 10 branches under MENU Parameter in the script, but what if i want to create more than 10 branches in the scripting under MENU Parameter . Is there any way out ? Please find attached the pik for your reference.

Please share your views .

Regards

Rohit Khajuria

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can technically create 12, 0-9, * and #. If you need more than that you have couple of options:

1. create sub-menus as having more than 10 menus is not efficient anyway as callers need to listen for too long and at some point press 0 or anything

2. Instead of using Menu use Get Digits and set it to be 2 digits for example, then create if or switch statements to analyze what was pressed and route accordingly.

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply !!

I understand the first option but could you please explain the second option a lil more . That will be a great help for me.

Regards

Rohit Khajuria

Menu only allows you to enter 1 digit as you already know, get digits allows you to define how many digits to collect, so you can specify 2 digits, then have your prompt list options 01-99 and under successful branch of the node match each sequence to where you want the call go to. The tricky part here is that if you allow single digit entry the script will still collect it but follow timeout (I believe) logic where you would need to add additional logic to check if the digits is 1 through 9.

I got your point, thanks a lot for your suggestion and help. I believe it will accept the DTMF signalling thing . Let me try this on my script and i will definitely tell you if it works or not.

Thanks again !!!

Regards

Rohit KHajuria

Hi Rohit,

Did it work?

Have you got the solution?

AbdulSakkeer
Collaboration Engineer
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: