Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NUmber of server in UCCX ctl service provider

Hi

I have a uccx 9 deployment.

I just want to know what is the maximum number of CTI ,AXL and RmCm provider can be added in uccx.

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the SRND:

"Cisco Unified CCX has the ability to communicate with up to two CTI Managers within a Cisco Unified CM cluster, but only actively communicates with one at a time."

That's four total if your have HAoW.

I couldn't find the count for AXL in the SRND, but I do recall one point always being made on the forums:

No matter how you have the servers listed, UCCX will always send AXL requests to the Publisher.  I think I'll validate that right now in a lab.  Be right back.

EDIT: I guess I was either remembering incorrectly, the people reporting it were wrong, or it has changed in version 10.  But I listed my AXL providers in this order: Sub1, Sub2, Pub, and I saw all traffic (utils network capture) going to Sub 1 and not a single packet going to Pub or Sub2 for that matter.

Anthony,

My understanding has always been that UCCX will respect the order but whatever node gets the AXL request will still need to pull the database information from the publisher unless the publisher is hard down.  When the publisher is hard down, it will use the node's local database copy.

So that may be where the confusion came from.

Brian

Gotcha.  However, I consider that to be common knoweldge as CCNA Voice tells you that the publisher has the writeable database while all other nodes are read only with the exception of user facing features.  So, bringing it up in the context of UCCX and AXL is a sure fire way to cause confusion, as it did to me.  Why take something that is common knoweldge and regurtate it like its something to "watch out for?" 

That's rhetorical, not directed at you Brian.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Hi Anthony

thanks for the reply..

So that means if one UCCX is there i can define only 2 CTI manager during the initial config .one active at a time

and if the it is in HA pair the  total of four ( each server has maximum limit of 2 x2 =4 )

plz let me know if my understanding is correct.

Yes, and to say it again a different way...

If you have a single UCCX node, then you can configure two CTI servers, one active and one standby.

If two UCCX HA nodes, then you can configure four CTI servers, one active, and three standby.