Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of translation rules supported by a voice gateway

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Any one know how many translation rules we can configure in a voice gateway. I know we can configure 15 subrules under one rule. Please help me to find answer.

Thank you

Siraj

3 Replies 3

shaunswales
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Siraj

First of all, what platform are you using as your voice gateway? Hardware specs (memory) and IOS?

Another thing, you can use the num-exp command to do translations on the gateway

For example:

num-exp 0555 0825555555

num-exp 05.. 0825555555

This will catch incoming calls destined for 0555 and expand them to 0825555555. You can also wildcard as per the 2nd example.

Hope this helps

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can configure 15 rules in a rule, and you can apply multiple rules to a profile.

You can then have multiple profiles applied to multiple dial peers, so the answer is ... a lot.

I've never hit a limit.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Gentlemen

Thank you very much for the update. I am using cisco 2821 ISR with 12.4 IOS. I want to know how many master rules we can create on a gateway. We can have 15 subrules.

Thank you

Siraj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: