Views
Helpful
Replies

number of video conferencing participants on cms

NetAdminCisco1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Members,

I need to know how many maximum video conferencing participants can join the meeting in CMS.

We have 3x1000 CMS and 2x2000  CMS in our cluster.

Your support in this regard will highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Malik

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hello,

there is no answer to this question. It depends, how the users are participating to the meeting (HD, audio only, ...)

This is the sizing which Cisco has done:

screenshot.png

So for example, if you have CMS1000, it supports up to 96 HD participants, but only 48 Full HD participants (only 0.5 times the 96 HD ports).

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

View solution in original post

It's probably, because mine was an old screenshot and your link is based on the current hardware platform, which is even better now

I just wanted to point out, that your question is not easy to answer, since it's based on the physical condition of the CMS-VM (vCPU, vRAM) and how the participant join the meeting.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hello,

there is no answer to this question. It depends, how the users are participating to the meeting (HD, audio only, ...)

This is the sizing which Cisco has done:

screenshot.png

So for example, if you have CMS1000, it supports up to 96 HD participants, but only 48 Full HD participants (only 0.5 times the 96 HD ports).

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

Dear Winter,

Please have a look at the below image and link:

CMS 5M V2.PNG

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/meeting-server/datasheet-c78-742168.html

The information you provided is different than the above table, any idea its like that. is there a difference of the hardware

Regards

It's probably, because mine was an old screenshot and your link is based on the current hardware platform, which is even better now

I just wanted to point out, that your question is not easy to answer, since it's based on the physical condition of the CMS-VM (vCPU, vRAM) and how the participant join the meeting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: